Bad Day

Options
Having a bit of a bad day today feeling unmotivated and unhappy with myself!

I am on week 2 and have been so good exercising and eating really well for the last week but went out for dinner last night with a visiting friend and ruined it with Chinese food and beer. :(

Even worse We are out to a party tonight so that means more drinking, late night and probably means I wont make my morning exercise tomorrow.

Any encouragement would be appreciated to keep me on the right track despite the few naughty days while visitors are here.

Replies

• 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe just reduce you calories for the next week to try and even things out a bit?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I am on week 2 and have been so good exercising and eating really well for the last week but went out for dinner last night with a visiting friend and ruined it with Chinese food and beer. :(

Even worse We are out to a party tonight so that means more drinking, late night and probably means I wont make my morning exercise tomorrow.

Any encouragement would be appreciated to keep me on the right track despite the few naughty days while visitors are here.
    Food is food.

Dieting (I really hate that word) is not suppose to be torture. It's about living life. There is nothing wrong with Chinese food and beer. It's becomes a problem when you consume too much and that hinders your progress. It's all about balance.
  • mrscpm
    mrscpm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's not "naughty" it's food and beer.

So you ate a big meal and drank beer last night. So you adjust your breakfast, lunch, and snacks today to accommodate the big meal you are anticipating tonight. And you adjust tomorrow, too, and maybe get some extra exercise.

You have to plan, and you have to live life. Eating out and drinking beer sometimes is part of life. If your weight loss plan is "never enjoy anything ever again" I'm pretty sure you are not going to be successful.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Don't let one bad day become a bad week.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options

dont be too hard on yourself, just try and learn from how you feel now and see if you can remember that next time a similar situation comes up. if i know i'm going to have a night of chinese food and beer (which is one of my favourite nights to have!) then i'll try and do a load of exercise that day so i can "earn" the calories before i do it. or get out the next day and make up for it.

i think the key though is not to beat yourself up about it
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    " I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."  ~ Michael Jordan
    I.E. Don't let one or two mishaps put you off. The important thing is to learn from it and keep at it, day after day.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Indeed, I've had bad days, bad weeks. But, as several folk have said, don't give up. I've been trying to drink more water after "bad days."
  • fatgrape
    fatgrape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My mantra is I'm trying to lose weight not punish myself. I had a blow out on Sunday, but it was a good meal with with friends and family, and so what if I have to walk a few extra miles - occasions are what memories are made of.

Stop beating yourself up - it's not as if you sat in a darkened room with a bag full of doughnuts.
  • nickersc1234
    Options
    Thanks everyone I think I just needed a few encouraging words to get me through the day. I think I have just gotten so into my routine that throwing it off is a worry. Hopefully I can get back on track and do some EXTRA exercise very the weekend.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

don't sweat it. its one day. move on, this is a lifetime change so you can't let one day disappoint you. drink your water:smile:
  • CherishQuick
    Options

Re-read this tonight because I too am having a bad day! Trying so hard to do the right thing and stay healthy. Just so frustrating. Would appreciate the encouragement.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your only mistake is to think that you've "ruined" anything. Having a chinese and some beer is called "life".

If you're going to eat it, then savour every mouthful, wake up the next morning, and start again. We've all done it!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    A couple of bad days WON'T ruin your journey. It's okay to splurge ever so often, and sometimes, like this situation you've got, you just have to accommodate the calories for the day. We all can fall off ever so often. It's like I remember hearing: "Fall down seven times...get up eight. It's the getting up that matters."