500 calories left and its late

Options
rkascak
rkascak Posts: 224 Member
I have 512 calories left, and it is late, I dont like to eat this late, but geez, what am I to do? Any suggestions on what to eat?

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Big MAC combo..

Just joking, If you're not hungry, try eating some nutts and drink a glass of milk or two. If you are hungry, bake chicken or a turkey burger isn't bad... And of course if you don't feel like cooking, go to SUBWAY.. Plenty of choices there.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    A snack?

Peanut butter!
  • rkascak
    Options
    Big MAC combo..

Just joking, If you're not hungry, try eating some nutts and drink a glass of milk or two. If you are hungry, bake chicken or a turkey burger isn't bad... And of course if you don't feel like cooking, go to SUBWAY.. Plenty of choices there.

you had me at the Big MAC comba hahaha, but i think just the fries alone would send me over my calories
    :laugh:
  • HulaCherry
    Options
    How about a protein bar? They are full of all sorts of good nutrients, and they usually are pretty high in calories.
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry you can just enjoy those calories on the next day!
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    got the same problem here.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    cashews.
    loaded with good fats and calories.
  • mvl1014
    Options

Your body isn't a bank, you should stay close to your goal each day.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't FORCE yourself to eat....but you COULD use this as an opportunity to treat yourself to something you wouldn't normally eat while on a diet. :-)
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Its 9pm and ive got 1270 left!!! I just had such a busy I barely got to eat and I dont have much food here
  • rkascak
    Options
    well i ate a slice of pizza(cheese) and a glass of milk, i even added in an orange that i didnt eat yet, and i still have 200 calories left. I hope the pizza doesnt back fire on me, but i didnt go over on carbs or fat...
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would not save them for another day..or your body will be all confused, you can not save them from one day to the other.. I would say to eat some nuts cashews or almonds..or even some fresh fruit.. peanut butter and glass of milk.. but dont save for another day..
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I would not save them for another day..or your body will be all confused, you can not save them from one day to the other..

Your body won't get "confused". Your body is a calorie bank and as long as you balance out over a couple of days, you''ll be fine.
  • acakeforawife
    Options

Your body isn't a bank, you should stay close to your goal each day.

Well, it's true that your body isn't a bank, but I also don't think it goes through a full restart overnight. (yes, sleep probably does cause some things to 'reset', but it's not so black and white.) I think it's fair to make up some of your calories the next day -- I wouldn't save them for, like, a week, but you can add some extra fat and protein to your breakfast the next day and be ok, I think! I often find I'm quite hungry the day AFTER a big workout anyway, which leads me to believe our bodies are still processing the workout.

On the other hand, if those aren't exercise calories, and you are still 500 away from your regular goal, I would definitely try to eat them!
  • stephieloo
    Options
    Well, I say if you aren't hungry and it's late then drink a glass of water and then go get some shut eye! Getting enough sleep is important to any weight loss program!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I would have had a grilled peanut butter and jelly but there is always next time!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    wow wish you could give them away :laugh: you could stop at a fast food, good way to pack on calories, pasta has lots of calories so make something with it, a sauce of some sort. :bigsmile:
  • mvl1014
    Options
    Well, it's true that your body isn't a bank, but I also don't think it goes through a full restart overnight....

I didn't suggest it does. But saving 500 calories a day so you can splurge on the weekend isn't healthy--that's what I meant.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Well, it's true that your body isn't a bank, but I also don't think it goes through a full restart overnight....

I didn't suggest it does. But saving 500 calories a day so you can splurge on the weekend isn't healthy--that's what I meant.

Ah, ok. Think we probably have the same take on this then. :smile:
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I would eat guacamole. Lots of calories but also tons of good fats, potassium, calcium, vitamin C and K, folic acid, copper, sodium and dietary fibers!