Newbie Here!

Options
Hello everyone! I am very new to this site and have found it to contain loads of great information. One of the things I am not getting the hang of is the jargon used on this site. I have run across terms like TDEE, and BMR. Could someone please tell me if there is a glossary or a quick link I can find to tell me the definitions of these terms and others like them?:happy:

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of those too and also being new to it all, I have to look them up.. I normally just google whatever the acronym or initials are.. For the two you mentioned, they are Total Daily Energy Expenditure and Basal Metabolic Rate... As with a lot of stuff, Google is your friend. :) Good luck in your fitness journey!!
  • cfrancewife
    Options
    Hey thanks! I had thought of using Google. I usually use it for EVERYTHING. I have no idea why I didn't just do it. lol
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    There is no Glossery, you just learn as you go really , but everyone is very helpfull and there are loads of lovely people that will answer any questions , and give you help and support,
    Of course there a few that may not be quite so nice, but you will soon work out which comments to take notice of and which ones to dissregard,
    anyway I wish you all the very best,
    stay focused on your goals and dreams and you will do well im sure :smile:
  • Glasseschickadee
    Glasseschickadee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI! Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support! Just remember everyone has good days and everyone has bad days, so dont beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Log it, accept it and move on!