How to get rid of belly bulge????

Options
Can a person get rid of belly bulge just by eating right, doing cardio and heavy weight lifting OR do I need to focus solely on hard ab work outs to get rid of this ****???

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you take in. That's it.

It's always helpful to have a strong core but that's not how you're going to get rid of the bulge.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy is what's going to do it.

The issue is not the size of your ab muscles, the issue is the layer of fat that covers them.

You need to lower your bodyfat percentage to decrease the size of that layer.

Cardio / calorie deficit alone won't necessarily lower your body fat %. Because cardio / calorie deficit alone promotes an overall balanced decrease in size of fat and muscle. By adding a lifting program you will be maintaining the muscle and decreasing the fat. Your loss of fat vs muscle with be weighted heavy on the fat side.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy is what's going to do it.

The issue is not the size of your ab muscles, the issue is the layer of fat that covers them.

You need to lower your bodyfat percentage to decrease the size of that layer.

Cardio / calorie deficit alone won't necessarily lower your body fat %. Because cardio / calorie deficit alone promotes an overall balanced decrease in size of fat and muscle. By adding a lifting program you will be maintaining the muscle and decreasing the fat. Your loss of fat vs muscle with be weighted heavy on the fat side.
    This 4 sure!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Small calorie deficit, adequate protein, heavy lifting, and cardio if you enjoy... plus time and patience.

A full body lifting routine with compound lifts will be enough ab work.
  • Mustangsally33
    Options
    I had a "baby belly " since having my kids and I found it hard to get rid of it ! I was running , weight lifting , eating right and nothing seemed to be moving from that area ! Than someone recommended interval training with a lot of focus on core and I have to be honest I am down 2 inches in just a month off of just my belly ! Do weights but in between sets do busts of cardio with core , like mountain climbers, planks, side mountain climbers, skipping, pushups all of these engage your core and really work it ! Do 3 sets of each in between weights and do them for 30 secs each ......try it for a bit and see how you like it , bet you will have great results cause I know I have :)
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is what I wanted to hear! Cuz all I do for ab exercises are some planks and sitting/bend down with universal weight set.