Anybody up for Insanity?

Options
I am close to completing my 1st ever attempt at P90X. I am thinking now of switching workouts when I complete this and trying out Insanity. I've read on BeachBody's website that some people switch back & forth between these programs. Is anyone else completing P90X and ready for this workout? I was not able to stay on the P90X diet but thanks to this website I was able to closely monitor my intake and stay around 1400 calories daily for past 6 weeks. I was actually hoping for a little better results for myself but I also have been limited on some of the exercises. Has anyone else tried Insanity and gotten really good results?? It looks like a very intense workout, but maybe a little easier, because you don't use weights?

I am a coach for BeacyBody if you are interested in any fitness programs or nutritional products and my website is http://www.beachbodycoach.com/yesterdayschild:tongue:
628666.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Insanity after 6 months of P90X.
    Insanity like PlyoX everyday. The first month the workouts are about 40 minutes. I haven't watched any of Month2 yet. They are very intense and a KILLER challenge!
    I think P90X definatly got me ready for Insanity.
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I completed two rounds of p90x before I even attempted insanity. It's like plyo without the breaks. I was 43 and in great shape and it really kicked my butt. NO WAY would I have ever been able to do it without p90x. Plyo was very tough at the beginning, but by the end of my second round, I could make it all the way thru doing jump knee tucks double time both times. I also replaced Kenpo because that was too easy. Then I tried Insanity and the fitness test is harder than plyo. In fact, the warmups are harder if you push. I only made it thru the first 5 weeks and put it away. Too much cardio for me and I missed the lifting exercises in p90x. If you want to really push your cardio, Insanity is the way to go. Just be ready to sweat, breath and feel like dropping. After my 5 weeks of insanity, I went back to p90x and plyo was too easy so I replaced it with Insanity workouts.
  • racin65
    racin65 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking for more cardio, so maybe Insanity is for me. I love the workouts in P90X, but on the days of weights & AB ripper I feel I am not burning enough calories. But I also don't have more time in a day to do another workout.
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you really like cardio, then try insanity. Even if it becomes too much for you or you don't like doing cardio everyday, you can always do a mix between p90x and insanity. Keeps things kind of fresh. I will admit that the off week in insanity is the same workout and that got old. Also, I have just about quit doing the ab workouts this go around because of time. I still don't know where I found all the time to get everything done when I last completed p90x.