Wanted: High and Tight Rump

Options
I am getting married next Sept and my ultimate goal is to have a high and tight butt in my sleak wedding dress. Since last Oct I have lost 71lbs, and a butt that used to look like a moose knuckle....As improved as my @ss is now, It still has tons of room for improvement. I do a ton of squats and lunges, even though they are my arch nemesis and I b!tch and moan everytime. I am looking for suggestions for new ways to lift and tone my butt.
Thank you

Replies

• skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts, and I've heard good things about Brazil Butt Lift.
  • restyle1337
    Options
    Squats are probably the ultimate exercise for building a tight and firm butt, but it requires you to lift heavy. Doing 15+ reps will not do much. To shape the body you need more muscle and less fat; to build more muscle you need to lift heavy. Start with a strength routine that focuses on heavy compound lifts. I recommend Starting Strength: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

To answer your question the way you probably want it to be answered:
    Heavy (stiff-legged) deadlifts, heavy squats and Hip Thrusts are awesome.
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Squats are probably the ultimate exercise for building a tight and firm butt, but it requires you to lift heavy. Doing 15+ reps will not do much. To shape the body you need more muscle and less fat; to build more muscle you need to lift heavy. Start with a strength routine that focuses on heavy compound lifts. I recommend Starting Strength: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

To answer your question the way you probably want it to be answered:
    Heavy (stiff-legged) deadlifts, heavy squats and Hip Thrusts are awesome.

I will check out that link! Thanks for the info.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Honestly ballet class has done a lot of good things to my bum. I know it's definitely not for everyone, but if you're interested sign up for an adult ballet class. There's also all kinds of other benefits, such as strengthening your core a LOT (all that balancing!) and flexibility (good for post-wedding activities? :) )
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift. Its a comprehensive program with cardio, strength training, abs, and booty exercises.
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    Honestly ballet class has done a lot of good things to my bum. I know it's definitely not for everyone, but if you're interested sign up for an adult ballet class. There's also all kinds of other benefits, such as strengthening your core a LOT (all that balancing!) and flexibility (good for post-wedding activities? :) )

As appealing as a strengthened core and flexibility sound, ballet is not the way I am going to achieve it. As my fiancé points out, I have to learn to walk first!! Coordination and rhythm are not my specialties!! But thank you for the suggestion!
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift. Its a comprehensive program with cardio, strength training, abs, and booty exercises.

Does it require rhythm? IF so count me out. If not, I will definitely give it a try!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Just continue the squats and lunges, and add deadlifts. There are lots of squat and lunge variations (check out New Rules of Lifting for Women for some ideas) if you are bored.

As far as cardio goes, I swear by (road) biking for losing fat but retaining lean muscle in the legs and butt.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Keep doing squats and lunges but make sure you're pushing yourself with the weight. Add some heavy deadlifts and do butt bridges.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Squats are probably the ultimate exercise for building a tight and firm butt, but it requires you to lift heavy. Doing 15+ reps will not do much. To shape the body you need more muscle and less fat; to build more muscle you need to lift heavy.

Agree with the first sentence. But the rest is not true. Nothing wrong with doing it,. You will certainly get good results, but it is not the only way.

I did the 200 squat challenge online (www.twohundredsquats.com) and it gave me a firm and tight butt. And I'm 51 yo. Even my husband was shocked at my booty. 200 squats is a lot of squats in one set! Plus, doing them at high reps gives a pretty good cardio workout at the same time. :smile:
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    Squats are probably the ultimate exercise for building a tight and firm butt, but it requires you to lift heavy. Doing 15+ reps will not do much. To shape the body you need more muscle and less fat; to build more muscle you need to lift heavy.

Agree with the first sentence. But the rest is not true. Nothing wrong with doing it,. You will certainly get good results, but it is not the only way.

I did the 200 squat challenge online (www.twohundredsquats.com) and it gave me a firm and tight butt. And I'm 51 yo. Even my husband was shocked at my booty. 200 squats is a lot of squats in one set! Plus, doing them at high reps gives a pretty good cardio workout at the same time. :smile:

200 squats????? Thats sounds like my own personal hell!! lol I will check it out though! I know building the perfect booty is not going to be fun or easy!
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats and more squats!
    Start with body weight squats and eventually work up to heavy weights.
    Good Luck!
  • jhall585
    Options
    Have you ever tried pilates? I also love using resistance bands and placing a weight behind my knee, on all fours, and lifting my leg to the side and to the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKUNR-giTQY
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy, New Rules of LIfting for Abs, Butt Bible
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Less fat, more muscle.

HIIT + heavy squats/lunges/deads
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Less fat, more muscle.

Yes!
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know building the perfect booty is not going to be fun or easy!
    You really want to find a routine that you think is fun.

If you really hate squats, don't make it your focus. Squatting heavy doesn't involve many reps. http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/ Heck, you may even decide you enjoy them when you aren't dreading doing 5000 of the things at once.

Good luck...and have fun. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

200 squats????? Thats sounds like my own personal hell!! lol I will check it out though! I know building the perfect booty is not going to be fun or easy!

I actually found the squat challenge pretty fun. In fact, just last night I started it over at week 3, but this time with 30 lbs of additional weight.

I'm also doing their pushup challenge. Now THAT is hell!!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Less fat, more muscle.

^This, and if you do cardio, hit that stair machine or stair master.
  • martintanz
    Options
    All good advice so far. Remember though, to a certain extent, the shape of your butt is determined by genetics.