Uncomfortable in my new LOOSE skin!

Options
I haven't lost much, ony 16 lbs, but the skin is really starting to sag! My butt and hips look like they're melting downwards and my belly is the worst. After having 5 kids and the last being twins, my belly skin now is completely folded over my c-section scars. I'm really starting to think that it all looked better when it was plump, round and full of fat. I'm really starting to get discouraged with the way it's all starting to look. And yes, I do work out 3 times a week but even my trainer, along with my doctor, says it's going to have to be a tummy tuck for me.......I don't have that kind of cash! How do I feel better in my loose and sagging skin?

Replies

• Tanya21H
    Tanya21H Posts: 8
    Options
    Are you do weight training as part of your exercise routine? What I have been told is that it you incorporate weight lifting and toning into your routine your skin will not sage as much. In fact some people have none... just depends on how much you lose and how fast. TRY PINK FITNESS for toning and weight training. That is what I am doing and I LOVE IT!!!!!! Good luck!
  • stephieloo
    Options
    I know how you feel sister!! I only have three kids and I have a little fleshy skin sack that sags too. I too was told that the only thing that gets rid of that skin is a tummy tuck...and I too do not have that kind of money. It's tough for me to try and cheer you up about it when I need someone to cheer me up about it!!!! I am happy with how I look with my clothes on though!! You should be too! I know I probably haven't helped, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone out there!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends that use the "spanx" I think that's what they're called.. Well, it's form fitting and it pushes it all in and goes under your cloths and makes you look like, well it makes you look great! That's a cheaper alternative to surgery.

I do understand you though. My boobs have turned into deflated balloons, I like to refer to as my "ol goat balls" (ya gotta see them when I bending over).. But you know what. I feel great! I feel better in this skin, than I did under all that fat. I don't run and hide when someone pulls out a camera, I don't get winded from walking up the stairs, I not totally wore out 1/2 way through my days now..

You've had 5 kids.. And I'm a twin (we were the last of 6 kids) and I have seen what we did to my mom's body.. Be comfortable with yourself and be happy that you're not a diabetic or have something really wrong with you.. You can totally deal with the loose skin hun! Just stay focused!:flowerforyou:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You can only do so much with exercise and weight training, i've got 6 kids and i'm blessed with great genetics, but my sis, not so much she had two, both c-sections and she just couldn't get her "pooch" to go away, she opted for radio frequency skin tightening, she had 4 sessions done, it cost her around 850.00 and completely non invasive, the results shocked even me, I was a HUGE skeptic, but her tummy is about 80% tighter and the skin is smoother, and her stretchmarks are barely noticeable...worth a look into. From what I remember it wasn't painful for her at all.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think about how I feel, though. I feel so much better weighing less and I know the more I lose the more my tummy will probably sag but I can keep up better with my kids and do more things. Honestly someday I will proably consider a tummy tuck but I won't do that til I am completely done with having kids. I wish there was some cheap miracle skin tightener but i have to thankful for what God gave and what he continues to bless me with everyday and that is my kids and being able to do things with my kids. Don't get discouraged. :smile:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm there with you too. I will say that after 7 months now I do think things are tightening up a little, but I don't think I'll ever have a bikini body. I just try to remember that my body gave me 2 beautiful healthy children and that's really what it was made to do!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I hear TLC has an opening for a reality show for a family with a lot of children!!
    If it's anything like the last one, it comes with a free tummy tuck and a horribly public divorce ! :brokenheart: :wink:

I suppose all you can do is embrace your body as the amazing machine that it is. It managed to carry those twins and it's doing the best it can.

Would love to hear your progress as I anticipate having some sagginess in the future myself.

:flowerforyou:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I hear TLC has an opening for a reality show for a family with a lot of children!!
    If it's anything like the last one, it comes with a free tummy tuck and a horribly public divorce ! :brokenheart: :wink:

I suppose all you can do is embrace your body as the amazing machine that it is. It managed to carry those twins and it's doing the best it can.

Would love to hear your progress as I anticipate having some sagginess in the future myself.

OMG that was freaking hilarious!! poor Kate, and to top it off she's now getting free dance lessons!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options

OMG that was freaking hilarious!! poor Kate, and to top it off she's now getting free dance lessons!

LMAO!!:laugh:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You can only do so much with exercise and weight training, i've got 6 kids and i'm blessed with great genetics, but my sis, not so much she had two, both c-sections and she just couldn't get her "pooch" to go away, she opted for radio frequency skin tightening, she had 4 sessions done, it cost her around 850.00 and completely non invasive, the results shocked even me, I was a HUGE skeptic, but her tummy is about 80% tighter and the skin is smoother, and her stretchmarks are barely noticeable...worth a look into. From what I remember it wasn't painful for her at all.

Thanks, I'm definately going to look into that!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options

That's so funny! :laugh: If you all saw what I go through everyday with my 5 kids (all under 5 yrs old).......It might be considered a horror show rather than a reality show! :laugh:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I use these body wraps for tightening skin. It is not water loss weight like salon wraps. It gets your body to release the fat stored in the tissue and your lymph system passes it out of your body. Check them out! You are encouraged to drink water to help the process. It really helped me after having the kids and I use them once a week now to keep up with my weight loss (to tighten the skin as I go).

http://www.itworks.net/trishadux
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I so understand where your coming from. I have lost almost 100 lbs, and the loose skin in my legs and boobs is terrible!!! I would love to have a breast lift but I too can never afford it. I am only 29 and I feel like im 79...but I have to agree that I am happier with this body then my 300 lb one...lol