Increase excercise? or cut calories?

Options
I'm at a fairly good weight for my height (6'6 and 184lbs) and since starting on MFP my aim is to hit the correct calories for my size as well as excercise regularly.

I wouldnt mind losing a bit of weight from my stomach but am happy with the fat levels on the rest of me. My legs are quite toned but my arms have always been skinny so I'm looking to tone them up.

Am I right in saying rather than cut calories I should target my stomach (as well as arms) with excercise? I'm fairly slim as it is and bony in places (just due to weird bone structure and uneven fat distribution)

I hope this makes sense!

Replies

• erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think lifting weights would be good for you. Muscle burns fat and will tone you right up! :smile:
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Eat more and lift, lift, lift HEAVY. You will see relatively quick changes in your body.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would recommend doing a serious heavy lifting routine. New Rules of Lifting or New Rules for Abs would be a great program.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow giant.

Lifting weights is a grand idea. It's a bit different for people with leverages like you and me. And if you're like me, you have LONG muscles, which take AGES to show progress. ]

Do you know your body fat percentage?