Why don't you get credit for weight lifting?

Options
I'm super new (second day on here) so this has probably been answered, but what gives? I mean it has a place for me to list my exercises, sets, reps, weight, ect but it doesn't give me calorie credit on my page. Just wondering. Are they going to add that later, or is it just too many variables together to make it work.
Thanks for any and all help.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Look under cardiovascular- Strength training. You can put the minutes in there and it'll give you a calorie amount. It's not very much though. I was confused when I first saw that.
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Thanks. I was just wondering the same thing myself. I mean I knew I had to be burning some calories in the 45 minutes I spend each day lifting weights.
  • jopohle
    jopohle Posts: 7
    Options
    I was curious too. I try to lift at least 2 days a week. Thanks for the info.
  • docwasch
    docwasch Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks so much! That gave me another 216 calories on my total. It is confusing. Wish I would have thought to post before I put in my whole work out. lol Wonder how many calories 20 minutes of typing burns? hahaha just kidding. Thanks again!
  • pjansen
    pjansen Posts: 19
    Options
    Yup, that took me a couple days to figure out too. Kind of weird how they set up the exercise stuff. It's all good as long as you're doing it, right?
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow, great question. So many people needed that answer. Thanks!
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor and then made a manual entry where I can enter the time and the calories burned :)
    012994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lift weigts but with the Jillian Michaels work outs. She says to lift wieghts and exercise too so you burn more calories. I see a difference!
  • aareeyesee
    aareeyesee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Using a heart rate monitor is really the only way to figure your real calories in weight training. I personally take between 0 and 60 seconds between sets and do 8-15reps per set and my 35min workouts burn approximately 430cal @ 5'8" 195lb male. I do a mix of crossfit and standard weights. There are too many variables to fit a decent cal/hr number to it.