Quick Protein Fix

Options
I eat pretty well during the day, and I am more than often under my calories. However, I am really lacking in the protein dept. I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts, so (on work days) I usually work out when I get home at 8-9pm (strength training and some HIIT). I am so hungry after and I know I need to add more protein. But my husband and 2yr old are asleep, so I can't make a lot of noise in the kitchen trying to prepare egg white omelettes lol! I usually do an EAS protein shake but that adds lots of carbs and sodium as well. I want a healthier alternative.

HELP-- Does anyone have an easy protein fix for me at night that will me me recover from strength training but doesn't add a ton of carbs/sodium or cause me to wake my family up??

Replies

• jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt. Chobani makes em in single serve containers about 12-14g protein a piece and they come in a variety of flavors. All are delicious
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    tofu, soy milk!! soy milk is ma fav!! kashi go lean cereals too!!
  • pjscales
    pjscales Posts: 1
    Options
    You really should try Max Protein shake from SEI Pharmaceuticals you can get it at GNC it has 22g of protein per scoop but only 2g of fat and 3g of carbs. It tastes pretty good.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat pretty well during the day, and I am more than often under my calories. However, I am really lacking in the protein dept. I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts, so (on work days) I usually work out when I get home at 8-9pm (strength training and some HIIT). I am so hungry after and I know I need to add more protein. But my husband and 2yr old are asleep, so I can't make a lot of noise in the kitchen trying to prepare egg white omelettes lol! I usually do an EAS protein shake but that adds lots of carbs and sodium as well. I want a healthier alternative.

HELP-- Does anyone have an easy protein fix for me at night that will me me recover from strength training but doesn't add a ton of carbs/sodium or cause me to wake my family up??

Beans are wonderful for lazy dinners, When I'm pressed for time or just too lazy to cook, I throw in some black beans in a large salad and some vinaigrette dressing. Add a whole grain pita, and it's a very filling, high protein dinner.