30DS+BFBM anyone?

Options
Anyone tried doing the combo of JM's 30 DS and her cardio dvd Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I read somewhere that the way Jillian recommends doing her 30 DS is 2 days of 30 DS followed by 1 day cardio, another 2 days of 30 DS followed by cardio. 7th day is rest or light cardio if you can do it :)

Anyone else tried this combo before? What kind of results did you see?

I am planning to start this combo Dec 1st. Anyone else want to join me so that we can share the stories of soreness, lol, and motivate each other?

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting JM30DS today. Maybe I'll try that combo ;P
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    30DS is fairly easy...at least in my opinion. BFBM is difficult if you are a beginner/novice with working out. BFBM is almost 50 minutes of high intensity cardio.

i've heard that BFBM is supposed to be used in combination with no more trouble zones (another JM dvd). i fnished 30DS 2 months ago and the only results i had were increased strength. but honestly, i started 30DS looking already fairly lean. after 30DS, i moved on to a combination of 6-week-6-pack, no more trouble zones and BFBM. this really ramped things up for me. i started seeing increased definition with 6-week-6-pack almost immediately.

my current workout rotation of JM DVD's goes something like this:

MWF - BFBM
    TThSa - 6w6p and no more trouble zones

just be forewarned that BFBM is a lot of plyometrics and jumping. could be hard on your joints. personally, nothing else i've ever done kicks my *kitten* like BFBM. it leaves me seriously panting for air. but what i love about JM workouts is just when you think you're going to die, she moves on to a move to allow you to catch your breath. all of her workouts are like that.

you can look at my profile pic for results. pic on left is when i weighed the least but i was not working out. pic on the right is me about 5lbs heavier with a bunch of completed JM workouts under my belt. she delivers...no question about that. i'd also like to add that i do not follow JM's diet plan. i just eat a straight 1600-1700 calories a day.

hope that helps!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    30DS is fairly easy...at least in my opinion. BFBM is difficult if you are a beginner/novice with working out. BFBM is almost 50 minutes of high intensity cardio.

i've heard that BFBM is supposed to be used in combination with no more trouble zones (another JM dvd). i fnished 30DS 2 months ago and the only results i had were increased strength. but honestly, i started 30DS looking already fairly lean. after 30DS, i moved on to a combination of 6-week-6-pack, no more trouble zones and BFBM. this really ramped things up for me. i started seeing increased definition with 6-week-6-pack almost immediately.

my current workout rotation of JM DVD's goes something like this:

MWF - BFBM
    TThSa - 6w6p and no more trouble zones

just be forewarned that BFBM is a lot of plyometrics and jumping. could be hard on your joints. personally, nothing else i've ever done kicks my *kitten* like BFBM. it leaves me seriously panting for air. but what i love about JM workouts is just when you think you're going to die, she moves on to a move to allow you to catch your breath. all of her workouts are like that.

you can look at my profile pic for results. pic on left is when i weighed the least but i was not working out. pic on the right is me about 5lbs heavier with a bunch of completed JM workouts under my belt. she delivers...no question about that. i'd also like to add that i do not follow JM's diet plan. i just eat a straight 1600-1700 calories a day.

hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply. Lots of useful info...
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have both those DVDs too. It's been a couple years since I did BFBM and I will agree with previous assessment that it is a lot of jumping! I've been doing Killer Buns & Thighs, but was ready for a change, so I tried No More Trouble Zones. After having completed 30 DS back in October, I'd have to say that No More Trouble Zones is a tougher workout (longer is part of it). I felt it had less cardio than 30 DS, but worked muscles very thoroughly (as in, I definitely needed the next day off - did running or other aerobic stuff instead). Alternating with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, I think this would be plenty challenging. I'll do some combo with you
    BFBM & 30DS or BFBM & NMTZ. Whichever you want!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    I have both those DVDs too. It's been a couple years since I did BFBM and I will agree with previous assessment that it is a lot of jumping! I've been doing Killer Buns & Thighs, but was ready for a change, so I tried No More Trouble Zones. After having completed 30 DS back in October, I'd have to say that No More Trouble Zones is a tougher workout (longer is part of it). I felt it had less cardio than 30 DS, but worked muscles very thoroughly (as in, I definitely needed the next day off - did running or other aerobic stuff instead). Alternating with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, I think this would be plenty challenging. I'll do some combo with you
    BFBM & 30DS or BFBM & NMTZ. Whichever you want!

Thank you for the reply.

I am planning to start with 30 DS & BFBM as I have never done it before and its easier :) We will update each other about our progress as well. Thanks for doing it with me.