Running Friends?

Options

Replies

• autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

I am a runner too.... Still overweight (not for long though) but I am still a runner

I completed my 13th road race this past Sunday... (11 5k's, 1-10k, and one 5-miler) I am signed up for 5 more races, a 10k on 1/1/13, a 5k on the 1/5/13, and a 3-race series in February and March, the 1st is a 3-miler, the next week is a 4-miler, and the last week is a 5-miler....That series looks like it's going to be a blast !!!!

Feel free to add me

Jen
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Runner here--feel free to add me =)
  • MQ75
    MQ75 Posts: 61
    Options
    You can add me too.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I started running about 18 months ago and now I run 12-18 miles a week, and have done a bunch of 5k's. I plan to do some 10k's and a half next year. I usually post my runs and races on here.

Feel free to add me.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would love more running friends! I just finished c25k and run my first 5k race on Saturday :)
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I plan to run a half mary in 2014. FR sent.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Any other runners feel free to add me. :)
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed! Props to you! Keep up the awesome work! I am currently starting to train for a half marathon! It's my goal to one day do a marathon! I enjoy running and love adding a bit more to my distance and cutting my miles times! It's such an accomplishment only runners could understand. I do Nike + running and enjoy using that. Do you use any tracking devices? Feel free to add me! Would live to have another runner friend! I don't have many friends that enjoy running.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am new to running as well. I am preparing for my first 5K in February and have just decided to get off the treadmill and outside. Much different experience for me. I am currently weighing in at 195 and have discovered that it is harder to keep a running pace outside. I know that it will come and have also discovered that I love to run.
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    New runner here-- I try to run about 12 miles a week, and want to get up to ~20.
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love running...only recently got back into it this year and it has been 7 years since I ran cross country in high school. i have completed 3 5ks so far this fall with a 10k scheduled at the end of January. I am currently training for that and would love to work up to a half marathon and eventually a full marathon. Anyone please feel free to add me as I love hearing about successes, races, etc.! :)
  • LDC1969
    LDC1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me - I am a runner!!!
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I love running too. I can only do a mile straight so far and that is only most days not all. I would like to be able to do a 5k some day. I am the only person around me that runs that I know of so I would love to glean some information from everyone.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been running for about 9 years. I've run 3 marathons, around 10 half marathons and various other races and shorter distances. I'm a Boston qualifier and plan to run it in 2014.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Runner here on and off for the last couple years. Could never have too many running friends!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. my story is very similar (minus the kids and well i'm 40). i started running when i was 25 just so i could loose weight for my wedding. wedding was over and so was running until i turned 38 then a friend asked me to run an 8k with her. like a fool (and not knowing how far an 8k really was) i said sure why not. completed the race in 1:24 and then quit again. turned 40 in april and decided to get serious. now i'm enjoying it. i've completed 2 mud runs, a color me rad run, (all 5ks), a 10k (1:14) and completed my local 5k turkey trot (best time 33:10). this coming sunday i'll be running the very same 8k i ran 2 years ago and hope to finish in 56 minutes. next year i plan on running a half (plus a few mud runs and at least another 10k). my ultimate goal is to compete in the boston marathon in 2014!

congratulations on your accomplishments!!!!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am also starting run! Add me if u like. Did my first 5k Nov 3 the color run finished in 44:24
  • tomosgirl
    tomosgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, just started running bout 3 months ago... I completed my first run ever, an 8k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I am still working to reach my stride, but want to do a half marathon in the next 6 months and hopefully if I can build up enough by November to do the Marine Corps Marathon... would like to be a part of this group...add me!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I added you... everyone else can feel free to add me too. I have been running for almost 2 years. Just completed my first half in October.