How long did it take you to lose 10 pounds?

This is my goal!

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    If you only have 10lbs to lose, it could take a couple months. For me 10lbs melted off in a few weeks because I had a total of at least 60 to lose. Now that I'm closer to my goal it's taking longer. The last 10 that I lost took almost 2 months.
  • If you only have 10lbs to lose, it could take a couple months. For me 10lbs melted off in a few weeks because I had a total of at least 60 to lose. Now that I'm closer to my goal it's taking longer. The last 10 that I lost took almost 2 months.

Congrats on the loss :D
    It does get harder the closer you get to your goal
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    6 days
  • I'm in the normal weight range for my height, and it's taken me about a month to lose ~5 pounds. 2 months/10 lb loss is not slow progress for someone on the small side!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Looking back at my average weight loss about 4 months lol, if you're already a healthy BMI half a pound a week (1pound max) is what you should expect to lose without hurting yourself/just losing water weight that you'll put straight back on/starving yourself into wasting muscle on top of fat. :)

But please don't be discouraged it's worth it doing it slow, I've had a couple of weeks here and there like going on my jolly hols for a week where I ate like a horse (talking 3500cals a day meals out, snacks and sangria) I basically went back on my diet after coming back and the holiday weight dropped off within the week before my next weigh in day.

Good luck!!! x
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    About 5 months. I only had 23 lbs to lose so it took longer. I did about .5 lbs per week pretty consistently.