eating clean????

Options
I'm just wondering what this actually means..I hear people talk about that they "eat clean" and started to loose again. I haven't lost anything in months and getting pretty discouraged, so I need to really change something.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Upon close examination, it doesn't seem to mean much of anything

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Angus status changed from unpeppered to peppered.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    as opposed to eatin duuuurty yo \m/
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eating clean, to me, translates to eating real food instead of processed/packaged food. I check the ingredients of labels (IF if I'm looking at something with a label) and if it has ingredients I can't pronounce or if it has too many ingredients I just don't eat it. That's my definition of clean eating.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Eating clean, to me, translates to eating real food instead of processed/packaged food. I check the ingredients of labels (IF if I'm looking at something with a label) and if it has ingredients I can't pronounce or if it has too many ingredients I just don't eat it. That's my definition of clean eating.

thank you...
  • brendaj39
    Options

thanks,
  • MrsRoundbottom
    Options
    Lean meat, fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts & seeds, eggs and low fat dairy.

All of the baove are CLEAN :D
  • brendaj39
    Options
    Never go a ss to mouth.

and this is why I will love you until the end of time :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Eat clean, talk dirty baby. Now spread 'em.

nice....
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree I believe it generally means, no fast food....more natural...little or no processed frankenfood at all. ie....a lot of homemade things made from scratch and so forth. Even storebought is fine, but without preservatives, chemicals, etc. Closer to nature. Some might even only consider clean to encompass organic. I think it will vary a bit depending on who you asked.

It is something I have a lot of room for improvement on. :-)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Ice Cream: Cream, Skim Milk, Liquid Sugar (Sugar, Water), Water, Egg Yolks, Fair Trade Certified (Tm) Vanilla Extract, Sugar, Guar Gum, Carrageenan

Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Cereal: (Whole: Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Textured Soy Protein Concentrate, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Syrup, Chicory Root Fiber (Inulin), Whole Grain Oats, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Whole: Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Honey, Salt, Cinnamon, Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Vitamin E)

Based on your criteria, which is cleaner?
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eating clean to me is no processed stuff, so you get more nutrients, vitamins and fibre. Make meals yourself instead of from the packet. No fast food. Eating clean possibly works to get out of plateaus as things like veggies are less calorie dense, so it's easier not to go over your cals for the day , and all the fibre probably increases the speed of the digestive system. Clean eating is not a new idea - my mum had an old cookbook from the seventies with all this kind of stuff in it (think it was called the whole food cookbook - the only recipe I used was milkshake with molasses, but then I added rum so not so healthy hehe)
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Ice Cream: Cream, Skim Milk, Liquid Sugar (Sugar, Water), Water, Egg Yolks, Fair Trade Certified (Tm) Vanilla Extract, Sugar, Guar Gum, Carrageenan

Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Cereal: (Whole: Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Textured Soy Protein Concentrate, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Syrup, Chicory Root Fiber (Inulin), Whole Grain Oats, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Whole: Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Honey, Salt, Cinnamon, Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Vitamin E)

Based on your criteria, which is cleaner?

this is why people should eat porridge.
  • brendaj39
    Options
    okay,,,i'm going to try to stay away from boxed food then, which i don't eat alot of anyways, but i do eat out alot...which isn't the best. hopefully this will kick it in gear again for me...thanks for the good advice...