Your favs at Trader Joe's?

Options
13»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    their organic veggies, meats, no-salt organic peanut butter, and no-salt almond butter.
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    their fruits and veggies are always super fresh and delicious.
    also their premade stuffed pastas are super good too (my particular favorite is the spinach and cheese tortellini)
    frozen turkey burger patties are fabulous too.

....oh, and their cookie butter. i'll just let that one speak for itself.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm so scared. I'm buying a house and I close in 3 weeks. My new house is literally 1 minute from Trader Joe's in my area. I could walk there easily. I'm afraid I'm going to go completely broke! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove TJ's. I'm single and live alone, so their pre-made meals are fantastic. Also I love ALL the different varieties of trail mix, nuts, and dried fruits they have.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Veggies are almost always excellent quality. They are slightly more expensive than the discount store, but less then the high end specialty markets by me. I buy most my veggies at costco, but in a pinch (or if I need a small quantity of something) I get them here too.

Ezekiel bread (sprouted grain)... Normally I can't find it unless I look in a freezer section. At TJ it is fresh.

Lemon Curd... add 1 tsp added to 1 cup of greek yogurt is awesome!

Wisconsin Mac & Cheese (for the kids)

coconut milk, unsweetened

Cereal (for the kids) is almost always reasonably priced

Oh, and the sweet treats are just awesome... and come in smaller packages... so if I eat the whole thing, I don't feel as guilty about it.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

OMG I don't know how I forgot this stuff. It's like crack in a jar.
  • GallyX0
    GallyX0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to rely on their vegetable juice selection. The phytonutrient green drink, the tropical carrot, and beet and carrot juice are tasty and at least marginally better than the sugary beverages like soda I'm weaning myself off of.

And the red champagne for $5. I know not every TJ has a wine section, but mine does, and hot damn, $5 red champagne.

Some of my co-workers swear by their pre-made salads. They look pretty decent.
  • violincyn
    Options
    I love their individually portioned brie and goat cheese. They are packaged in a bag with a bunch of individually wrapped 1oz portions. It is such an easy snack if you pair it with fruit. I also love the greek yogurt, cooked beets, cooked lentils, sandwich flats, basically everything!
  • kscampbellnh
    Options
    Yogurt jalapeno cheese slices, egg white and chive salad, hard boiled eggs, triple layer hummus (OMG addicted), dark chocolate covered pretzels, sea salt, chicken breast strips (frozen), electrolyte water (like SmartWater but WAY cheaper), greek yogurt ... I could go on and on..
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options

pure truth.. striaght crack i tell ya
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    Options

pure truth.. striaght crack i tell ya

The candy bars by the registers...dark chocolate covered cookie butter. And they're not that terrible calorie wise in all honesty. It's my weakness.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So I went earlier today and just wandered around for like ever- it was so awesome ;-) Thank you all for your suggestions!

and DARN IT- I didn't get the crack! Oh, I mean the cookie butter ;-) Next trip for sure!
  • lizzyholiman
    lizzyholiman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1.The Tarte aux champignons or grueyere. both are excellent with a beet salad made with the trader joe's peeled baby beets, trader joe's goat cheese, walnuts, and trader joe's balsamic vinegar and some olive oil.
    2. Any, I repeat ANY of the trailmixes! Nom nom nom.
    3. trader joe's hardboiled eggs. very conveniant for those of us who are too busy to hardboil them ourselves.
    4. Trader joe's lowfat cinnamon raisin bread.
    5. Trader joe's spicy soy and flaxseed chips. WARNING- they are very addictive
    6.Their baguettes and other breads are always amazing
    7. always great deals on fresh produce. Load up on the fruits and veggies!
    8. the dark chocolate bars over by the register. Also one word: toblerone :)
    9. They have good chinese orange chicken... We stirfry it and add plenty of broccoli or green beans, carrots, and bell peppers. It's good served with their brown rice that you come in frozen bags inside the boxes that you just toss into the microwave.
    10. Greek yogurt spinach and kale dip and their garlic hummus....mmmmm
    11. The pita chips are nice and crunchy. very good with both the dips I just listed. I also love the rosemary chips.
    12. Cheese. Any cheese. We usually pick up some dubliner though. The brie is also excellent.
    13.Their chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer aisle. Not the healthiest , but a lot better than many.
    14. They have sooooo many different types of bread! sandwhich thins, sodium free, gluten free, etc.
    15.Great whole wheat pasta and raviolis. We always get the spinach and ricotta ravioli.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I don't do them often, they are easily abused but they have a flaxseed vegetable chip. They are amazing. They have good rice mixes, organic ketsup and frozen pineapple.
  • irishgrim
    Options
    i cant believe no one has said the butternut squash ravioli!!! its the best!
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Most of the fresh organicc produce gets in my basket too. We do them before the other organic markets. I'm not 'all' organic though.
  • janecat5
    Options
    I haven't been in a while because there isn't one in my area, but that's, like, my FAVORITE place. Always get their raw almonds, and usually toast them at home in the oven - then the problem is I can't stay out of them and they're pretty high in calories...good ones though...yeah. ALSO I always get their frozen green beans - SO much better than canned. Probably the closest to fresh green beans I've found, they even squeak! And anything chocolate they make is automatically going to be fantastic. I've learned to never get the chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels because the whole bag will be gone that day, usually within a matter of hours. So. Good.
  • foodie178
    foodie178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    apple snack sticks, honey wheat pretzel sticks, pumpkin butter!
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I love the their frozen Asian-style veggies that come with a stirfry marinade. For a treat, I like to pick up their Soy Creamy Cherry Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert.