I actually cheered for myself! Running nsv

Options
mauswood
mauswood Posts: 137 Member
On the first of November I decided I wanted to walk/run 100 miles in the month. I have a 5K coming up on Dec. 2nd and I thought I should actually train for it or something this year. So I started run/walking. There's a six mile loop by my house which I did several times throughout the month. The first time I straight up just walked it it took me an hour and a half, the next time with some running it was an hour and 16 minutes. And I kept shaving time off every time I did it. Just to clarify - I live way up in the hills - so while there are a couple of downhill spots the elevation climb is 650 feet on this loop. So anyway - the last time I did the loop I had my time down to an hour seven minutes. Today I was doing my last 6 mile walk before I reached 100 miles and I said to myself "listen up, you're going to do the loop in an hour." - in the back of my head I was like "yeah right" - but I pushed myself to run up the hills and through some parts where I normally walk and when I reached my driveway in 59 minutes and 39 seconds I actually cheered for myself and then collapsed on the snowy grass. I'm just super proud that I did it and looking forward to the 5K on Sunday which always feels so much easier because of the flat terrain! YAY! Thanks for letting me cheer!

Replies

• camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good work and amazing progress! Just wait to see what you can do in a few months!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!:drinker:
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I can hear the theme from Rocky playing in my head....
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    After that 6 miles, 3.1 are going to be a breeze. Congrats to you!
  • amham11
    Options
    Awesome!! I always love when that voice in the back of your head says "yeah, not going to happen" and then you do it anyway! Congrats!!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Congrats..... Way to cheer yourself on!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I can hear the theme from Rocky playing in my head....

Great. Now I do too. Thanks.

Good job on your NSV!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    congrats! Great work and good luck with the race!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!