SHOPPING FOR INLAWS

Options
cakemewithyou
cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
So my boyfriends mom has to be the HARDEST person ever to get gifts for.
She works all the time, she's NOT a girly girl. She doesn't like bath stuff, make-up, or perfume. (She would probably laugh her head off if she opened a present from bath and body works or something like that) She has all the kitchen supplies she's ever wanted. So no easy cop out like buying a bath gift set or a kitchen appliance. I have NO CLUE what to get this woman. My boyfriend is like "I'll just think of something last minute and write your name on it." but i'm TRYING SO HARD to make a good impression on her, which has been difficult in the past and right now. I want to impress her, and get her something she really loves, and MAYBE even cracks a smile about.

UGH...HELPPPPPPP! I know I can't be the only person that has ever come across this problem before!

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Get her a nice camera. Cameras are awesome.
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A bowling ball? A gift card for Bass Pro Shop?
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Does she have any hobbies?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Buy her an AR-15.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A night away at a bed & breakfast? A gift certificate for a nice restaurant? Family photos?

Think of experiences rather than stuff.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine and am not shopping for any new ones (too expensive to buy a good pair):bigsmile:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Vibrating panties.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Maybe a gift card to her fav food place? I know how hard it can be!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My MIL is not a girly girl either, but she LOVES her thick socks and LOVES cooking. Therefore she'll be getting some nice hunters socks and a gift card to a kitchen store from us. Even if you think she has all the kitchen gadgets she could need, if she spends a lot of time in there, I'm sure she could find something she wants.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Photographs of you & her son (decent ones of course!)... gift cards, a grand child made my in-laws super happy but you probably should wait a bit on that one!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Does she enjoy food? You could make her some homemade no bake cookies or something delicious + a gift card or some other random idea somebody else in here suggests.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Leg Lamp
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Wine! Who doesn't love a beautiful bottle of wine with a basket of cheese, crackers, and salami?!
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Vibrating panties.

^^^^^^^ This, or something along those lines.. pretty much anything that vibrates will probably work.. :laugh:
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    For those hard-to-shop for people (like my boyfriend's grandparents) I usually give wine or one of those cheese&sasuage gift sets. Or I will get some nice photo framed.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I like the gift card idea or a photo framed my in-laws are ridiculous to buy for - so what do they get every year? a photo of us and a calendar of a year of our pics!! (NDB why yes!)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    The photo idea she might like.. maybe one of those digital frames and you can fill it with pictures of the family for her.
  • cakemewithyou
    Options
    Photographs of you & her son (decent ones of course!)... gift cards, a grand child made my in-laws super happy but you probably should wait a bit on that one!

taken care of that one! it was 6 months early though! LOL
  • cakemewithyou
    Options
    The photo idea she might like.. maybe one of those digital frames and you can fill it with pictures of the family for her.

THIS IS SIMPLY BRILLIANT! SHE WOULD LOVE IT!
  • sondrawolfe
    sondrawolfe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Think about what she does like. Any hobbies? A gift cerficate to her favorite store for supplies or books. Does she like practical items? Comfy or pretty pjs? Movie gift basket and a cozy blanket for a night in? Dinner out with you and her son?

I'm one of those hard to buy for (according to my family) but my favorite gifts from my husband have been a shotgun, a nice set of jumper cables, and a tow strap for my SUV. :)