Low/No Carb meals/foods

Options
I started P90X last week. The first phase is a low carb high protein diet. I tried to follow the nutrition plan they send but there were alot of things I just didn't like on it. What are some low/no carb meals and foods that I could eat while in this phase?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    omelets (whole Egg or egg white), with diced veggies and cheese.
    Meat cooked any way with a side salad or steamed veggies
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It might be easier if you let us know what it is on the list you don't care for. :flowerforyou:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It might be easier if you let us know what it is on the list you don't care for. :flowerforyou:

I pretty much like everything. LOL But I love my carbs. So this is VERY hard for me. The P90X plan basically has me eating the same things every week and I got bored of them. :-)
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    omelets (whole Egg or egg white), with diced veggies and cheese.
    Meat cooked any way with a side salad or steamed veggies

I have been eating alot of egg whites in the morning with spinach and feta cheese. In fact that is what I made this morning.
  • lmmarsh
    lmmarsh Posts: 34
    Options
    I don't actually eat a "low carb" diet, but I don't eat wheat, which is kind of similar. I eat a lot of lean meats and vegetables, often at lunch and dinner. Soups with broth, eggs - I prefer egg whites because I can eat more. I usually eat a lot of "fritatta-type" meals. I stir fry spinach, veg, sometimes cheese and/or lean protein, throw in egg whites, and bake it in the oven in the saute pan. It's yummy. Salads are always great, especially since the weather is changing. I'll throw anything on spinach or baby greens. I toss it with lowfat yogurt (or some sort of dressing made with yogurt) or oil/vinegar/lemmon. Not sure if that helps.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes, I eat meats, lots of eggs, cheese and avoid breads... what carbs I eat come from mainly from my veggies and oatmeal (can't give up my oatmeal or grits... :wink: ).:flowerforyou: