Help needed in south/central Indiana

Options
Any members out there in central Indiana that can help me? I joined MFP earlier this year and was doing fairly well, but then started slipping. My accountability partners have left me hanging, and I am the type that NEEDS that accountablility. Would luv to find some MFP friends in the area for support and motivation! Perhaps go for a hike, or participate in a 5K walk/run? Any help greatly appreciated. Please add me, if you are up to the task! Thanks.

Replies

• crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Just sent you a friend request. I'm also part of a local group that focuses on just getting off the couch and getting active if you'd like to join. www.teamninja.org

Right now, I'm doing the Jingle Bell 5k in Indy next weekend (12/8), the Santa Hustle Half Marathon (12/16) and possibly the Lifetime Fitness Commitment Day 5k Jan. 1 if you're interested in joining. :bigsmile:
  • dragunfly
    Options
    Hi I'm from Indiana just not the southern part...Northwest Indiana here, but I would love to have more friends of mfp...So if your up to it you can add me too...I haven't had much luck finding people near me either...
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow crimznrose, you sound like a hard core runner! I have committments already for the 8th and the 1st, and I am NOT up to a half marathon (yet!). But I am interested in a 5k sometime! Please keep me in the loop!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you are just gonna have to accept eventually that you have to do this alone. We're all in it alone. There may be people running nearby or along side us, but only we are in our head and our body.

We're 100% completely and utterly all by ourselves.

good luck!
  • Brianna399298
    Brianna399298 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    you are just gonna have to accept eventually that you have to do this alone. We're all in it alone. There may be people running nearby or along side us, but only we are in our head and our body.

We're 100% completely and utterly all by ourselves.

good luck!

This was posted a long time ago I realize. I feel this is entirely false though. Just having someone supportive or even trying to lose weight with you makes you not alone. It totally helps to have those people that hold you accountable. Heck me and my mom are both losing weight, and without her I don't know if I would have lost the weight I have. So you may control your decisions, but I don't think that makes you alone in trying to lose weight. I think it's harder to lose weight if you don't have that person to push you. Especially if you have no will power like myself. I think a lot of times.. "I can totally eat this my mom will never know" but then I feel guilty so I don't. She may not have been there in that present moment, but she was still there in my mind.