Encouragement

Options
I have been with MFP for a little while now. I was doing so well and then I fell off. I had lost 15 pounds but recently gained 4 of them back! (Stupid pumpkin pie). So I've booted my MFP back up and I'm ready to start again. If anyone out there needs motivators, I would be happy to be one and all I ask is that you return the favor. :-)

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Holidays are hard, but if you consider this adventure a life style change, not a diet, it goes a lot easier. We all fall off the wagon. Don't beat yourself up. Just get up and start again. I will be doing this for the rest of my life. Add me if you like.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with Sunnyside1213...don't consider it a short term fix; this should be a lifestyle change. It's something you will need to continue to work on for life. Only makes changes that you can live with forever....

There will be some slight gains here and there...just stay on top of them, that way they don't become "big" gains... :smile:
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I had been going to a trainer and lost 20 lbs, then when my son went for surgery I didn't have time to do anything because he needed me at home. Fast food became a staple and I gained it all back plus 10... I have started over again and am making the mindset change that it is not just about the food, it is a lifestyle. My family is now onboard and my daughter is loving it as she is a very athletic person (lacrosse academy school).

Add me if you would like I would be happy to help you on your journey :)
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to have a small bite of pie. The key is not having the whole pie. Forgive yourself and get back on track.
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to have a small bite of pie. The key is not having the whole pie. Forgive yourself and get back on track.

Agree with Nashbear. Also, keep up with your multivitamins and have a little healthy snack 30 minutes before you know you might be faced with holiday pie to curb your appetite and boost your willpower.

Plus, find ways to personally acknowledge you have enough, will have enough, will not miss out, can always have some later, or something just as good.

I do this by displaying a huge bowl of gorgeous different colored fresh fruits at home; keeping a jar full of deep, dark chocolate squares and letting myself have a piece or two each day, depending on cravings; I also reserve my slice of pie after a couple of bites (and drinking lots of water at the table) then keep it in the fridge a while, knowing I can have a daily bite or throw it out any time... it generally gets binned.

Take a nice walk with companions after the meal. :)
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I totally feel of the wagon also.... But good news we are not quitters!!! Feel free to add me!