2»

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Foam roller
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I'm struggling on getting enough protein, that's been one of my hardest things once I started using MFP and actually keeping track of what I eat. I seem to struggle to meet my protein needs on a daily basis.

I can't see your dairy... What is your protein goal? Why do you struggle? Just not used to eating that much protein? Dietary concerns/restrictions?

I just don't seem to eat much protein. Whatever it is I'm picking to eat, doesn't have a lot or hardly any. That's why I struggle. My daily goal is 54 (I'm assuming grams) of protein, currently I'm only at 18 for today. I'd say I get anywhere from 40-50 grams average but there are days where I eat enough or more than my daily amount MFP has given me.

I definitely don't have any dietary restrictions or concerns regarding it. I just need to find ways of adding it to my meals.

Eat dead animals.... whatever kind you like. A good steak or chicken breast will have half (or more) of your daily requirement. Milk has more than you might think (especially if you put a scoop of whey (or 2) in it).

I LOVE milk but since I've been trying to lose weight, I've cut down on it because of how many calories are in it. Which I hate doing because I absolutely love it. I used to go through a gallon a week.

Is milk one of those things you should keep drinking as usual, regardless of weight loss?
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Foam roller, stretch, active rest, hot bath with epsom salts, massage. Once you get more experience you aren't as sore. Painkillers will not help.

After I do legs I like to get on the bike for a short time, then roll, then stretch.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ice, stretches, milk (can remember the rationale behind it) and protein shakes
  • TheBunnyStrange
    TheBunnyStrange Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    one of my trainers suggested a light 10 minutes of cardio right after weight lifting. its supposed to release some of the toxins produced in your body. It works well for me!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling on getting enough protein, that's been one of my hardest things once I started using MFP and actually keeping track of what I eat. I seem to struggle to meet my protein needs on a daily basis.

I can't see your dairy... What is your protein goal? Why do you struggle? Just not used to eating that much protein? Dietary concerns/restrictions?

I just don't seem to eat much protein. Whatever it is I'm picking to eat, doesn't have a lot or hardly any. That's why I struggle. My daily goal is 54 (I'm assuming grams) of protein, currently I'm only at 18 for today. I'd say I get anywhere from 40-50 grams average but there are days where I eat enough or more than my daily amount MFP has given me.

I definitely don't have any dietary restrictions or concerns regarding it. I just need to find ways of adding it to my meals.

Eat dead animals.... whatever kind you like. A good steak or chicken breast will have half (or more) of your daily requirement. Milk has more than you might think (especially if you put a scoop of whey (or 2) in it).

I LOVE milk but since I've been trying to lose weight, I've cut down on it because of how many calories are in it. Which I hate doing because I absolutely love it. I used to go through a gallon a week.

Is milk one of those things you should keep drinking as usual, regardless of weight loss?

Well, if weight loss is your primary goal, then you need to eat things (preferably things that you enjoy eating), that keep you at your calorie goal more often than not. The deficit is what will lose the weight... not the foods that you do or don't eat.
  • gregarybrown72
    gregarybrown72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's been mentioned above but I emphasis: drink plenty of water before your workout, get protein in your sytem quickly after your work out, and soreness is part of the process of fitness but hot/cold baths and foam rollers will help eliminate the lactic acid from your muscles quicker. Good luck.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I just started with a trainer this week & my arms are so sore two days later. I was looking for tips to help relieve my symptoms.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options

Well, if weight loss is your primary goal, then you need to eat things (preferably things that you enjoy eating), that keep you at your calorie goal more often than not. The deficit is what will lose the weight... not the foods that you do or don't eat.

Fair enough. I read your post actually on exercise calories, which was a better explanation that I have seen posted on here elsewhere and easier to understand how it all works. Thanks for that btw! :)
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    It's been mentioned above but I emphasis: drink plenty of water before your workout, get protein in your sytem quickly after your work out, and soreness is part of the process of fitness but hot/cold baths and foam rollers will help eliminate the lactic acid from your muscles quicker. Good luck.

What are these foam rollers everyone keeps posting about? Explain please! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

What are these foam rollers everyone keeps posting about? Explain please! :)

Google it. Think a big rolling pin made of dense foam. You roll it against your muscles (or more accurately, you lay on it and roll against it) to "massage" them.