Long term friends!

Options
I turn 20 on New Years, I am 5'6" and I weigh 235 pounds. Yikes! I still remember weighing 180 and thinking, "Wow, I'm fat!"...imagine how I feel now, 55 pounds heavier.

Therefore, my short term goal is to lose 55 pounds. After that I will decide how much farther to go!

I want people to add me who are serious about weight loss, who will motivate me and support me, and who will become a long term friend. Losing weight together is a bond that not many people get to share!

So when you add me, tell me about yourself!

It would also be great for people to add me that have already lost weight, so they can be a mentor for me!

-I am in college and live with my boyfriend--I have gained 30 pounds since we started dating.--We eat out all the time and are just comfortable around eachother....but I'm no longer comfortable with myself.

Replies

• DeterminedAshley
    DeterminedAshley Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Also, I live in South Dakota, so it would be great to meet a gym buddy or something to stay motivated! (sioux falls area)
  • btracy01
    Options
    I can kinda relate. I'm 21 and started out at 206! I've never really been considered small, but that was my breaking point. So far I'm down about 13 pounds and this really does help!! I'm not from North Dakota, but I'm usually on here at least once a day, so maybe I can help :) Add me if you like
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am looking for friends who are in it for the long haul too - got 60 to lose!!
  • I'm in the same situation I'm 20 years old (21 in May) Have two jobs and rarely get time to eat properly so pick all day on the wrong foods whilst im in work, i'm looking for friends who will help me reach my target weight. i'm 5ft8 and 228lbs!!! Same me and my partner eat out a lot as it was easier with both of our jobs and also not being able to cook for each other as we live apart atm.
    I live in Wales in the UK and just really want some people who can help motivate me!! My friends try but they don't understand as most of them are tiny!!! lol
    So add me if youd like to talk and exchange inspirational messages lol p.s. be nice to have friends over seas too! :)
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options
    OH, I know what you mean there! My boyfriend and I go to movies A LOT, it's our thing :-), and to make the trip to sioux falls worth it we always eat there, too.

I think we are going to start out at going out once a week, but not eating at buffets, either. :P

Good luck! I will be here for all of you C:
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've gained 30ish pounds since I started dating my boyfriend a year and a half ago. I can totally relate. We eat out all the time and he doesn't mind the weight at all. But I don't feel good about myself anymore. I felt fat BEFORE we met! I've been on MFP off and on for a couple years. I tend to go really hard for a couple months, then stop. I could use some more motivators to help me make this the time that works!
  • MegRuthie
    Options
    Also, I live in South Dakota, so it would be great to meet a gym buddy or something to stay motivated! (sioux falls area)

I used to live in Northeast Nebraska and have friends in Vermillion and Yankton still :) Just a fun fact.
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    Right there with ya - just broke up with a serious ex over the summer and I've done the relationship yo-yo ever since high school. At my heaviest at the end of my last relationship I was at 270 (YIKES) but have am now down to 245 since end of August. My goal is to be at my high school weight (150) by next summer so I'm in this for the long haul and would love to have more support and to absolutely give it in return to anyone on this journey too!
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Vermillion and Yankton...maybe we will cross paths sometime!

Haha, I hate blaming my weight gain on the relationship,but when he tells me I'm beautiful all the time regardless of my weight, I give myself an excuse to eat pasta pasta pasta!
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options
    Right there with ya - just broke up with a serious ex over the summer and I've done the relationship yo-yo ever since high school. At my heaviest at the end of my last relationship I was at 270 (YIKES) but have am now down to 245 since end of August. My goal is to be at my high school weight (150) by next summer so I'm in this for the long haul and would love to have more support and to absolutely give it in return to anyone on this journey too!

Good for you!! :) Hopefully you can motivate me to get on the same track as you are! I am starting out at about the same as you, and I would love to reach your ultimate goal. What have you been doing so far?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I assumed you were on the space station where gravity is not an issue......Oh well....there goes that thought. Anyways.....Good luck on your journey...There are lots of great resources around here.
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options
    I assumed you were on the space station where gravity is not an issue......Oh well....there goes that thought. Anyways.....Good luck on your journey...There are lots of great resources around here.

Lol..not quite sure where you were going with that. But thanks, I definitely love this site!
  • MegRuthie
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Vermillion and Yankton...maybe we will cross paths sometime!

Haha, I hate blaming my weight gain on the relationship,but when he tells me I'm beautiful all the time regardless of my weight, I give myself an excuse to eat pasta pasta pasta!

You just described my life.
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    I've been on here logging consistently since May, but don't have a lot of friends on here that I know that well (though there are a select number of super awesome and supportive people on my feed), so I'm always looking for friends who actually want to get to know one another. :3 I'll send you a friend request and message.

And if anyone else would like to add me, feel free! I'm 23, currently 224 pounds--I've lost about 40 since I came back here and started logging consistently, though my ticker says 49 as I joined before that point, used MFP a bit but abandoned it, eventually came back this May. As sort of ... horrifying as it is to say (to me, looking back and realizing how big I allowed myself to get), that wasn't even my highest weight. A couple of years ago I topped out at 284 (though I could have been larger at some point; who knows as I avoided weighing myself). I've recently joined a gym and am looking forward to my first zumba class later tonight! I'm also looking at signing up for my first 5k this upcoming May, The Color Run. I'm just now starting c25k (on the treadmill as there's not many good places to run around here and it's starting to get colder). I don't really have a hard set goal on what number I'd like to end at (though I did once upon a time pick one for my ticker); I want to be fit and happy with my body and able to cross a bunch of fitness-dependent stuff off my bucket list, whatever that number ends up being. I'll probably have a slightly more specific goal in mind as I get closer to maintenance.

I love music, travel (I could talk about travel all day long, really), geology, foreign languages and cultures (my major is Japanese, though I'm also enrolling in a travel marketing program this January), and shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who. And I ramble nigh on constantly (as you can tell from this rambling post). Annnnd that about sums me up, I suppose. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Lol..not quite sure where you were going with that. But thanks, I definitely love this site!

Has something to do with the fact your picture is not confined by the forces of gravity like us other mere mortals.
  • rachyoung12
    rachyoung12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 17, and I experienced the relationship weight gain too! I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now and we've both gained at least twenty pounds each because we're so comfortable with each other, eat out a lot, and often buy treats for seeing movies (which is at least once a week!) we are now both trying to motivate each other to lose weight and get in shape, and I could totally use others help as well as motivating them! Add me if you'd like :)
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options
    Hi! I'm 17, and I experienced the relationship weight gain too! I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now and we've both gained at least twenty pounds each because we're so comfortable with each other, eat out a lot, and often buy treats for seeing movies (which is at least once a week!) we are now both trying to motivate each other to lose weight and get in shape, and I could totally use others help as well as motivating them! Add me if you'd like :)

You completely sound like me!! :) I am going to add you. It would be great to talk about all of the new movies. Have you seen pitch perfect yet? I have seen it 8 times...hahahahaha I know, it sounds obsessive. Singing is my passion, and I really enjoy the humor they add as well.
  • DeterminedAshley
    Options

Has something to do with the fact your picture is not confined by the forces of gravity like us other mere mortals.

I am still not understanding. Because my picture is sideways, or? Please don't be rude if that's what your aiming for.
  • Dani_Strength
    Dani_Strength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me peoples ....only if your active on here, a great motivator and supporter! Im on here everyday and support and motivate all my pals! Im currently doing P90X!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request, but for anyone else who wants to - feel free to add me too!!

I've been at this for almost two years, and just hit the 500 day mark on MFP! Started my journey on 1/1/11, at 303.4 lbs - i'm 5'6''. I am currently 187lbs, and getting ready to do my second half marathon next weekend (did my first one on 11/10/12) :) If I can do this anyone can!