Are there any other geeks out there?

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Fitocracy. Fitness for Geeks. You level up and compete against others on the website. They have an Iphone App, but the Android is still in beta. Definitely something to check out. There's quests, challenges, plus your everyday "grinding" to level yourself. Check it out.

I need to try this out...
  • jeffdoc
    jeffdoc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged! I am a huge gamer and computer geek! Anyone with similar interests is welcome to add me.

I'm very friendly and I don't bite. :)
  • mrsjordanjr
    mrsjordanjr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Computer whiz so I've been called. Hasn't helped me in the weight department. Time to nip it in the bud.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Whovian.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    yep there are others out there
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My typical response would be something along these lines:

Bah weep gra naa weep ninnybong, gimme some sugar baby, wibbly wobbly timey wimey, I aim to misbehave, what are you doing dave, I love you, I know, bazinga, you gotta pay the troll toll, I am the last of the brunan G, careful where you tread, cleric, fear is the mindkiller, omega hedron, lament configuration, great scott, cage goes in the watah, shaaks in the watah, white star fleet, engage, flux capacitor, the truth is out there, cal-el, have you turned it off and turned it back on again? I'm a lady, that's what she said, shiny, smeg, I've got a plan that so cunning you could pin a tale on it and call it a fox, my apartment smells of rich mahogany, it's got to be at least ... three times that size, so what do you actually DO around here, you've got red on you, you ain't seen Bad Boys Two???

That enough?
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!

I'm a board gamer geek mainly but I've been known to play a few video games, love love love reading, and go to *cons every now and then.

Also, I have an extremely geeky/nerdy job...I'm a geneticist.

Feel free to add me.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yup, software developer here.

late nights coding/gaming, high caffeine drinks & takeaway have been something ive had to give up.
  • Curvatures
    Options
    /wave
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Dell Enterprise Associate by day. Gamer by night. I fix 'em, I use 'em, I game with em. BF3 all the way, and COD 4 MW(1) are two I play most. Computers have been a big part of my life. I know the feeling of just vegging out in front of the PC. I have completely changed my ways after day 1 with this site. One of my other gamer buddies asked me what I ate calorie wise before this site. I told him I have no idea because once I saw it all down, I just started following it. It must have been huge (3000 plus a day). You are welcome to add me.
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello. You have a great way of looking at your situation. I am 70 and am trying to loose the weight I gained since I retired just spending most of my day in front of a computer screen. I even tried to find ways of loosing weight at the computer. I tried swivel chair aerobics (kept hitting my printer with my butt), under the desk peddles (kept hitting my knees on the bottom of the desk) and even stretch bands (knocked my monitor off the back of my desk). I got hooked on online games, YouTube, Netflix and anything else I could find that would keep me sitting at my computer. The first thing I do in the morning is flick on the pc and I flick it off just before I go to bed. Sometimes I lay in bed and think about something and jump out of bed and turn on the pc to get the info I need. Now I have worked cooking and exercise into my routine, but still find time on the pc, I love cooking so I look up recipes and make myself cook the item (you have to be away from the pc to cook and you burn calories cooking). Joined MFP so now I am accountable to people. You don't want to look bad so you have to watch your diet and exercise enough to post something. There are so many ways you can turn your computer into ways of helping yourself keep in shape. I just closed all my accounts on Evony, but I still keep up with Farmville, and my daughter still has me playing Minecraft.
  • rcavazos83
    Options
    Sounds like we are operating at around the same hours. It is hard. I'm totally willing to motivate and receive motivation in return.

I guess I'll FINALLY get to put that Wii Fit I bought about 2 years ago to use. It is still in the box, no joke.

Friend me!
  • KittyKarma31
    KittyKarma31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am more of a geek as in comic book lingo and huge Sci-Fi fan :) But definately out here!!
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    I am not a geek. In fact I am the ultimate in cool. Steve McQueen could've even taken lessons from me. Oh yeah.

However, I do catch an episode of "Big Bang Theory" every now and then, and I do know the lyrics to the soft kitty song. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • Mcfatcat
    Options
    Huge geek nerd here. (: Sorry I didn't write a long post yet, I shall do that after I do some reading on this thread! :D
  • Hello!

I am a avid lover of Dro Who. My fiancee owns a comic book/RPG store in Louisville KY.
    I love going to comic book conventions and playing pen and paper RPGs and video games.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on these groups? I game nonstop. LOL!
    Hi welcome! Not a dad *forever_alone.jpg*:laugh: but geek for sure. We're around. In case you haven't seen or joined yet, here's a couple of MFP groups that may interest you.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3583-the-geek-squid
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/36-mfp-gamers
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Geek FTW!

I love gaming (PC, 360, PS3 and all the old school consoles). Currently I am knee deeps BLOPS 2, Halo 4, Forza Horizon and it is sure cutting into my workout time. I also enjoy watching horror movies when not gaming. I review both movies and games for a few websites so spare time is pretty rare. My inner geek can rage pretty hard if a decent tabletop or board game appears before me.

Feel free to add me. :laugh:
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Riiighht heree! I am a definite book worm. Whovian, Love Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, lol the list goes on. I am not much of a gamer I do however love walking around wearing my Chewbacca back pack! :D Lovee Sci Fi etc.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Currently in the house i have 2 xbox's and kinect, a ps3 and Move, 2 wii's, a Wiiu, PSP, PSVita, 3ds, and 3 tablets.

Dork Much??

I tried both wii and kinect exercise programs, but didn't care for them. My favotire is for PS3 move, The Fight: Lights Out. Really work up a sweat kicking virtual Butt!