30 year old KY mom of 4

Options
Hi all!
I started trying to lose my extra 37 lbs at the beginning of Feb. I get frustrated on a daily basis because I crave chocolate! I have a hard time cooking healthy for 6- I can't find things that are quick and easy. I'm in college now and have a hard time making sure dinner is on the table, much more trouble making it heathy. My husband has no interest in weight loss, so support is minimal at home. I'm considering a career as a police officer- but know that fat chicks don't get to be cops! lol I need to lose this weight- gotta get on with my life....it's slowing me down! :smile:

Replies

• haleysman
    haleysman Posts: 48
    Options
    try www.e-meals.com, i started using it and it has helped a lot, most recipes are quick and easy for the average home cook...and it is very budget effective, cut my weekly grocery bill in half. very user friendly site, only about 1.25$ a week to join it, and you select the meal plan to follow and select the grocery store you use the most. the site writes a weekly dinner menu and gives you a grocery list based on that weeks sale items. even has a low fat menu to choose.
  • karrieatscrayons
    Options
    Hmm, what about those microwavable steamed veggies that green giant makes? Also, my mother isn't trying to lose weight, but she has a different diet than the rest of my family so she makes something separate for herself.
    For example, if she makes breaded chicken for the family she will leave a piece unbreaded for herself.
    Or if she makes fries, she'll bake hers instead of frying them.

You could always swap ground beef with ground turkey. Gorton's (or maybe it's gordons) makes microwavable fish fillets that are delicious. That may be an option for a quick and healthy lunch.

Just some ideas!

Oh, I'm from KY too!
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    And don't forget that portion control can make all the difference! And those steamfresh veggies are awesome! Just avoid the ones that are labeled "lightly sauced" that can pack on a lot of fat and calories quick!

As a simple side note, I really need to get my mind out of the gutter. I saw the post and thought "a 'KY Jelly' mom?" WOW!!! Sorry lol
  • Jeck
    Jeck Posts: 8
    Options
    As a simple side note, I really need to get my mind out of the gutter. I saw the post and thought "a 'KY Jelly' mom?" WOW!!! Sorry lol
    [/quote]

HAHA- no it didn't say that on this website...I posted that one on the 'dirty chubby moms' website...lol, JK Thanks for the info- I haven't tried the steamfresh veggies. I have cooked some fresh veggies in the ziplock steamer bags and they are really good, I just have a hard time getting them cooked just right.