Im at the bottom I cant find my way alone.

Options
I feel like I have given up I have come back to this website like 4 times and just can't stick with it then the weight comes right back. I feel like I am stuck and I just don't know what to do or where to start again.

Replies

• supernaturalfan_91
    Options
    I understand how you feel and i am sending you a friend request right now we can do this together
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sending a request, too. :) I've had many starts and restarts, too.
  • domaha28
    domaha28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think we are all in the same boat at some time or another. Some days are better than others. You can only take one day at a time. I find that only focusing on today can help you succeed. I'm also sending a friend request. Anytime you need someone to talk to or just get encouragement, I'm here :)
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    ....put me in that same 'boat'... start/stop/start/stop ...lost...give up...try again.... again and again....! We are all here for you - you can do it...just come on back! I also would love to be a friend...

:bigsmile:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I havent left but Im not getting anywhere. Im lost and starting to get irritated and punish my body with food (or the lack thereof).

Good luck to you.
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I AM RIGHT THERE TOO. WE ALL GO THROUGH THINGS AND IT HAPPENS BUT YOU HAVENT GIVEN UP BECAUSE YOU ARE COMING BACK I LOOK ON HERE FREQUENTLY I REFUSE TO LET GO THOUGH I AM NOT SOOOO ACTIVE. I KNOW THAT I WANT TO BE HERE AND I HAVE BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE AND ITS TIME TO COME BACK FULL FORCE AND I AM GOING TO DO IT BECAUSE I FELT A HELL OF ALOT BETTER WHEN I WAS ACTVE THEN NOW SO I APPRECIATE THIS TIME BECAUSE IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TOWORK HARD TO PREVENT.....FEELING AS I DOWN N DISGUSTED. IM HERE FOR YOU. FRIEND ME! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER. WELCOME BACK!!!!
  • xErikax77
    Options
    I know what it feels like to feel lost in this and alone. All you have to do is try, try your best!!!! Nothing comes easy, you have to work with what you have. Some days I feel like quitting, then I remember how I will never be the way i want, be healthy like i want if I dont try. You get what you settle for though, that is what gets me through.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! I think we all know how you feel. I know what finally clicked for me was when I realized that it wasn't that I "can't" have certain foods but that I "won't" have certain foods because they will not help me to my goal of being healthy. It was a mind change for me. "Can't" makes me feel like I'm being punished and deprived. "Won't" makes me feel like I'm the one in control.

Good luck on this journey! You can and will be successful!!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You not alone. I am not for sure if anyone gets it on the first try, if so kudos to them. But you have came back and there are many wonderful people on here. That is a big start. I have came back for the 2nd time and I am more determined than ever. I have reached out to people and they all have provided me with a lot of support. If you have any questions just ask.
    Good luck!!!!
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ditto all the positive support! You definitely are not alone in this situation. I think most of us have been through the dieting cycle where you deprive yourself and lose, then go right back to your same bad habits and gain it back and then some. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep in mind that healthy eating and exercise have to become a way of life, not just a means to lose a few pounds. For me, that means that even if life happens and you overindulge a bit or sleep though a morning workout one day , the next day you just get right back on track with your mindful eating and exercise. Take it one day at a time and you'll notice the difference in no time. Good luck!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You've stopped four times. Can you say why you stopped the last four? Did you restrict your calories to 1200?
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I AM RIGHT THERE TOO. WE ALL GO THROUGH THINGS AND IT HAPPENS BUT YOU HAVENT GIVEN UP BECAUSE YOU ARE COMING BACK I LOOK ON HERE FREQUENTLY I REFUSE TO LET GO THOUGH I AM NOT SOOOO ACTIVE. I KNOW THAT I WANT TO BE HERE AND I HAVE BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE AND ITS TIME TO COME BACK FULL FORCE AND I AM GOING TO DO IT BECAUSE I FELT A HELL OF ALOT BETTER WHEN I WAS ACTVE THEN NOW SO I APPRECIATE THIS TIME BECAUSE IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TOWORK HARD TO PREVENT.....FEELING AS I DOWN N DISGUSTED. IM HERE FOR YOU. FRIEND ME! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER. WELCOME BACK!!!!

EXACTLY THIS. I HAVE BEEN THERE SO MANY TIMES AND I KEEP THINKING THAT MAYBE I CAN MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME BUT THEN I START TO WONDER IF I CAN. IT GETS SO HARD SOMETIMES WITH MY BUSY SCHEDULE BUT I CAN DO IT. WE CAN DO IT! JUST FOCUS AND TAKE IT ALL ONE DAY AT A TIME AND YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS SITE IS FULL OF WONDERFUL PEOPLE TO SEND FRIEND REQUESTS TO AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER ON OUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY. WE ARE ON OUR WEIGH TO A BRAND NEW US!
  • kramalicious
    Options
    It's the long haul. A marathon, not a sprint. You can't be perfect all the time but the key in obtaining results is to NOT GIVE UP , no matter what it takes.
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You've stopped four times. Can you say why you stopped the last four? Did you restrict your calories to 1200?

The 2nd time my parents moved into my house for 4 months and then the 3rd time was because I broke my foot and this last time was because I felt like I could'nt push myself to what I was doing because of the injury. Im out of motavation.

Never have I gone with 1200 I always was way up to 1800 area I believe in the eat more thorey. I just cant get into the right foods this time.
  • mfriel15
    Options
    I, like many of the posts to your thread, are feeling the same way you are. Sometimes there are no words to 'make it better' ...Sometimes the comfort comes in just knowing you are not alone in the struggle or the journey.

I keep reminding myself, even if it's a bad day (like today) - struggle means progress - even if it's just a new thought, new lesson, etc.

Hang in there!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Can I offer some unsolicited advice as to how you can maybe approach this a little easier?
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Can I offer some unsolicited advice as to how you can maybe approach this a little easier?
    Yes
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    So don't try to climb all the mountains and do the ten hours of cardio a day. If you hurt your foot, it's okay.

80% of losing weight is diet, 20% exercise. As long as you're eating a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

It sounds like you've been at this and you know how to calculate your BMR and TDEE. So shoot for calories between those numbers and just count them. Find a meal frequency that works for you and gradually experiment. Weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time. Take your measurements so you have other sources of data to see if you might be losing inches even if you're not losing pounds.

But that's all. If you feel like you have to conquer the world, it's easy to get discouraged. But, if you can just get your eating under control, you'll always be making progress. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just in the right direction and consistent.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

good.gif
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    So don't try to climb all the mountains and do the ten hours of cardio a day. If you hurt your foot, it's okay.

80% of losing weight is diet, 20% exercise. As long as you're eating a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

It sounds like you've been at this and you know how to calculate your BMR and TDEE. So shoot for calories between those numbers and just count them. Find a meal frequency that works for you and gradually experiment. Weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time. Take your measurements so you have other sources of data to see if you might be losing inches even if you're not losing pounds.

But that's all. If you feel like you have to conquer the world, it's easy to get discouraged. But, if you can just get your eating under control, you'll always be making progress. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just in the right direction and consistent.

+1