Getting back on Track - Reaching Out

Options
Hey Everyone. This is my first night on this website. I am preparing myself to get back to my old life in a few days (Sat 12/1/12). As my profile states, last year I decided to stop drinking, and while doing that I decided to eat right (5 small meals a day) and I went to the gym five to six times a week for at least 90 minutes. After getting close to my goal, I decided to turn back to the drinking, which turned to being lazy, and eventually turned me away from my diet. I have gained 30 pounds since Feb 2012.

Last week, Thanksgiving, I hit rock bottom. I decided to seek professional help to have me stay away from alcohol for good. I am excited to get back to the gym as my outlet. I am getting the food I need to go back to my five small meals a day, and I am going back to the exercise regiment that worked for me last year. I am excited to make my friends proud, my family proud, but most importantly, I am excited to make myself proud. I am ready to like myself for who I am again. I am 28 now, and I want my 30's to go a lot differently than my 20's.

Since being new I do not have many friends on this website. I would be open to meeting new people to share common goals and I want to support others as well. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, and I wish everyone success in their endeavors.

- RDC6384

Replies

• aliez
    aliez Posts: 11
    Options
    ugh good luck it's sooooo hard not to drink I have been avoiding it as much as possible because of all the empty calories especially because all the drinks i love the most are super awful for you (white Russian, toasted almost, pina colada) one drink is sometimes half my daily calories! plus as soon as i get tipsy i wanna order half the appetizer menu at the bar. I went from 115 lb size to up to 145 lb size 6/8 from drinking/eating out. It's embarrassing because I have a college degree in Nutrition and totally know the damage i'm doing but do it anyway.