New Here

Options
Hi my name is Antwan.
This past June I suffered a heart attack and had two stints placed. I am a diabetic, have high blood pressure and cholesterol and another recent scare with my heart has brought me here to try to help me get things under control before I lose my life. I am young 43 years old and have so many heath issues and now am afraid of the worst. My wife has been using this site and I have seen how much it has helped her. She has inspired me to want to live a healthier lifestyle. And from now on I will let her do the grocery shopping and not nag on her to buy me junk food anymore. Ha Ha. She made me write in that part. Could use some friends and some encouragement as I start this new lifestyle. Thanks

Replies

• MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am really so proud of you for taking this step. I know it is really hard... But I promise you, That you have strong support here at home.. I will do my best to try to help you in anyway I can. I don't want to lose you. You are my world! I am happy for "US" You really have made me happy by wanting to change.. That is the most important step! We can do this and we will... ♥
  • Workoutsahn
    Options
    Awesome that you're getting into this. Feel free to add me. I am new too.
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log and comment daily. Health issuss was my wake call as well to better my lifestyle
  • dragunfly
    Options
    I'm not new to mfp, but am newer to getting started at this new life journey! Love to encourage others and would be happy to be your friend here on mfp...the more friends you acquire to help you out the better accountability you will have...Feel free to add me.

That is for anyone that is serious and needs some friends! Add me!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome Antwan,
    You will find some super people on here. You have already made a huge step by coming on here and asking for help, and with the support of your wife that is fabulous. I didn't have many friends at first, but I have some awesome ones now that is for sure. Don't be afraid to view a lot of posts, comment on them and add friends, especially in "motivation/support" . And me if you would like and I wish you the best of luck. You can do this, I believe in you.
  • spgirl90
    Options
    Glad to hear you are ready to make a new start for yourself! I am new to this whole this as well, I have noticed that people on here are very motivational and willing to help! together we can all make a new start! Feel free to add me :) the more motivation the better!
  • vcferlita1
    Options
    Good luck to you. Feel free to add me too
  • maggles123
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)