Losing Body Fat

k2hoop
k2hoop Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm having a problem with losing body fat and inches. I need to lose 5% of body fat by the end of April and I was wondering does anyone know what I can do to lose this.

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Cardio should be your best friend in regards to losing body fat!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Diet, diet, diet!!!! Cut out fatty foods and replace them with lean meats, veggies and fruits. Stay away from processed junk.
  • k2hoop
    I started taking this Spin Class 3 days a week to get my cardio part in. I need to find a good diet plan that fits my busy schedule so I can maintain it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    5% body fat in 6 weeks (slightly less actually)? That's a very very tall order. What brought you to that goal?

Most people shoot for 5% reduction in something like 6 months, not weeks.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    You have to have a diciplined diet and lots of cardio....lifestyle change not a temporary change
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    You can google "diet plans for quick fat loss" and come up with tons of diet plans. Here is a site that has lots of good information.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=cuttingupdiets

It is really not that difficult to formulate a plan that will work with someone who is busy. I have 2 kids myself and am very busy and have figured out a plan that I've adopted for my whole family. It all depends on how hard you want to work at it - I cook/prepare 95% of everything I eat and hardly eat out.
  • k2hoop
    I'm determined to do this, at least 2%. I'm getting measured every week so if I stick with a strict diet and lots of cardio, I believe I will see some results.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    You also need to weight train and build more muscle. It's not one or the other. CARDIO + WEIGHT TRAINING + lean eating (high protein, high fiber and healthy carbs). You can't starve yourself, you will gain fat and burn muscle. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of great articles. A fast loss doesn't usually stay lost. You have to be able to maintain the same life style to keep the fat off.
  • k2hoop
    Thanks, I'm going to check out this site and hit the gym hard this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.