Im at the bottom I cant find my way alone.

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    +1
    Sorry to disappoint you, I'm sure that's not the 'good' you were expecting :-D
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like that right now....I came close to 40 days of logging in, i missed one day and I have been going downhill since. It is hard, there is a great support team here. Don't give up! Good luck:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dragunfly
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have found the more friends I have on here the better I tend to do! Accountability! Now I am a bit addicted to checking and logging everything...good or bad! and then I move forward the next day! Feel free to add me as a friend for encouragement!
  • bronnibee
    Options
    All you can do is one day at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself when you go off track. Learn from it and move on, get back on track
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So don't try to climb all the mountains and do the ten hours of cardio a day. If you hurt your foot, it's okay.

80% of losing weight is diet, 20% exercise. As long as you're eating a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

It sounds like you've been at this and you know how to calculate your BMR and TDEE. So shoot for calories between those numbers and just count them. Find a meal frequency that works for you and gradually experiment. Weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time. Take your measurements so you have other sources of data to see if you might be losing inches even if you're not losing pounds.

But that's all. If you feel like you have to conquer the world, it's easy to get discouraged. But, if you can just get your eating under control, you'll always be making progress. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just in the right direction and consistent.

Thank you! This was very helpful.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I hope it does help. All the success stories on this site just plug away, a day at a time. You can do it to, just don't hold yourself to such a high standard, and if you slip up one day, just stand back up the next. It isn't all-or-nothing. You didn't gain weight in a day, you won't lose it in a day, and you can't undo ten days of good work with one day's mistake. Don't lose heart.

Go kill that fat.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Try joining a group and doing some of the challenges on here. Starting a new challenge always gets me motivated!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do a perfect job. Some days will be better than others. You have to forgive yourself when you feel that you've slipped up and make the next meal or the next day a healthier one.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    if you don't stick with it you're not ready to or not committed to making the changes needed to succeed. everyone struggles, but if you keep stopping and starting, then you're not committed enough. you don't want it badly enough. (not being mean, just being honest)..... I started and stopped many times before. Then on 1/1/11 I got serious. I started at 303.4lbs and am currently at 187lbs and getting ready to run my second half marathon in a month! It can be done. and it's not hard (to stick with it) if you are committed
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    one day, you will want to stop trying.

one day, you will want to start doing.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    if you don't stick with it you're not ready to or not committed to making the changes needed to succeed. everyone struggles, but if you keep stopping and starting, then you're not committed enough. you don't want it badly enough. (not being mean, just being honest)..... I started and stopped many times before. Then on 1/1/11 I got serious. I started at 303.4lbs and am currently at 187lbs and getting ready to run my second half marathon in a month! It can be done. and it's not hard (to stick with it) if you are committed

^^ OMG, amazing!! See what happens when *kitten* gets serious! you're an inspiration!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You. Can. Do. This! I wouldn't even say one day at a time, I would say one meal at a time. Sometimes just getting through that one meal, making the right choice will help motivate you. You have to train your mouth, cravings and stomach that your brain and willpower are stronger. Not an easy task.
    Keep looking at the Success Stories w/pics posted in the Forums (I've just gotten into the habit of checking them nightly). Do you see how many responses they get?! That is some amazing motivation coming from those of us who are all on the same journey, but perhaps just at different milestones. That will be you one day!
    I'll send a request and happy to support, and encourage any way I can.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I realize that meaningless platitudes probably aren't what you're looking for, but here's one anyway.

A successful person is the one who gets up just one more time than he/she falls down. You can do this!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Winners don't ALWAYS win but they keep trying! It's all good girl stay in the race anyway! Adding you!
  • Mommyfate
    Mommyfate Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been starting a stopping as well.... Do you have a friend to do it with you? It's a lot easier having somebody taking on the same challenge as you. A support group on the internet can only do so much.

Portioning is a big thing that helped me lose weight. I eat the same for the most part, but I restrict how much goes in. Half a steak instead of the whole thing. Getting seconds of green beans instead of buttery mashed potatoes. And try to drink lots of water! It helps too. That is probably one of the things that started off my weight loss... drinking lots of water...

You also can't take a day off... it will mess everything up. If I don't do my exercises for one day, all I want to do the next day is sleep. Ya just gotta make your self get up and get going!! You can do it!!
  • Bassngrammy1
    Options
    You do not have a monopoly in the Re-Start club. What's important is that you keep trying. One day it will stick in your head that you
    are feeling better, looking better and that you can do this! Just do it! It works! my friend has lost over 100 pounds and I am at a 47 pound loss. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Bassngrammy1
    Options
    You do not have a monopoly in the Re-Start club. What's important is that you keep trying. One day it will stick in your head that you
    are feeling better, looking better and that you can do this! Just do it! It works! my friend has lost over 100 pounds and I am at a 47 pound loss. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have given up I have come back to this website like 4 times and just can't stick with it then the weight comes right back. I feel like I am stuck and I just don't know what to do or where to start again.

You may feel like you have given up but honestly deep down you don't want to otherwise you would have deleted your account and that would have been the end of it. The fact is we have all been there. I have restarted so many times that I always say this is my last and I start something else. One thing that I learnt along the way was to stop starving yourself. MFP has set your calorie deficit for a reason and try and get motivated to exercise. It only takes ten mins a day to start with. When I first joined here in February until July I just couldn't get moving now I seem more motivated that ever. Once that light bulb goes off for you, you will be half there. Believe me if you want this lifestyle change you will do anything to change yourself for the better. All the best to you
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I just friend requested you too. Welcome back. :)
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    emanyalpsid You rock at advice! Very sensitive to others needs. ;)