"Skinny pics"

Options
I hope this is the right forum to post this, if not forgive me!

I was just curious, how many of you keep a "skinny pic" of yourself for motivation? I have mine hanging right on the fridge. I kind of hope that when I am about to go rummaging through the fridge for nonsense munchies that she will yell at me and say "HEY YOU! Stop! I will never be a reality if you do that!" Lol.

I look at her and think wow, I was a hottie! I want to be her again!

Anyone else?

Replies

• Mwaries88
    Mwaries88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I also keep a "Motivation Board" with pictures of females that inspire me to lose weight/tone up.
    I also put a picture of myself from when I was overweight at the beach, in front of my treadmill :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? Right now I have a "before" and "now" pic on my office wall. I'm not at my goal yet but it's nice to see progress.
  • DunkinDonuts20
    DunkinDonuts20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, I am definitely going to do that!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had a skinny collage on my fridge, right up until the jeans in my skinny collage fell off me!
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I keep a 'fat' Sara and a 'skinny' Sara on the fridge. When I go to eat, I ask myself who I would rather be.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yup! The black and white picture on my profile is me as a senior in high school. It's my motivator.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have a skinny pic that motivates me to eat more, lift more, and cardio less.
  • Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I keep a 'fat' Sara and a 'skinny' Sara on the fridge. When I go to eat, I ask myself who I would rather be.

I like this! I might have to do this too!
  • Dkosi
    Dkosi Posts: 1
    Options
    yeah! I think it helps. I actually keep more of my bigger photos to reflect how far i have come. I have 40lbs to go!!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm older than most of you, but when I look at pics of me in my twenties and thirties (skinny me), I didn't appreciate that body either. I was always wishing I had bigger boobs or a better (fill in the blank). What I didn't realize was a had a tiny waist and great legs and a tight butt, BUT I always wanted more.

What I'm getting at, is it's all right to be aspirational, but enjoy your health and your youth while you have it.

Okay, the grouchy old lady will stop shaking her fist at you and get off her soapbox now :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    The only skinny pics that exist of me where before I hit puberty so they aren't a realistic form of motivation. :(
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was never 'skinny' and am not really interested in being so. I keep a Wonder Woman magnet on the fridge for inspiration. :smile:
  • suzie308
    Options
    I was bummed this week because I gained a pound. But I have a before pic on my profile of when I was 272 at my most. Now I'm 212. Gosh I've lost 60 lbs.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Too funny, I just stuck a "Skinny" picture up on my fridge yesterday! I need all the motivation I can get!
  • Sweeetdesiderata
    Options
    I was never 'skinny' and am not really interested in being so. I keep a Wonder Woman magnet on the fridge for inspiration. :smile:

Oh, let me clarify... my idea of skinny isnt a size zero. My "skinny" pic is of me when I was 140 pounds. To me, that is skinny ;) I dont, and wont ever aim to be society's idea of skinny.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i have none, because i've always been pretty round.

I do however, have "smaller version of me" picture ...
  • chanellezubrinich
    Options
    I have a picture of me now, and a picture of the Victoria's Secret girls and a picture of the worlds fattest woman stuck next to each other in the pantry, so whenever I go to grab something like a block of chocolate (which i usually eat alone), I think twice about it. It sends me on the biggest guilt trip, but helps me make way healthier choices :smile:
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of me now, and a picture of the Victoria's Secret girls and a picture of the worlds fattest woman stuck next to each other in the pantry, so whenever I go to grab something like a block of chocolate (which i usually eat alone), I think twice about it. It sends me on the biggest guilt trip, but helps me make way healthier choices :smile:

You should keep this website close to that picture to remind you that Victoria's Secret images are photoshopped (as are most images in magazines/online/media)

http://www.psdisasters.com/?s=victoria's+secret

... unfortunately the world's fattest woman is probably not
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I've never been skinny so no skinny pics to post, that is motivation in itself
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in my head. It wasn't that long ago :(