what is your fitness routine?

Options

Replies

• DeadsandOats
    DeadsandOats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do a push/pull/legs split routine.

Push - DB incline bench, upright row, cable fly, military press, bench press, overhead press
    Pull - Lat pulldown, deadlift, seated row, curls, DB row
    Legs - Leg press, calf press, squat, extension

Usually in the gym 4 days a week with cardio thrown in where I feel like it. I keep my rep ranges around 6-10 with the exception of deadlifts which are usually 5 or less.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Lift twice a week; every other day is 30 minutes of HIIT in its various forms (kettlebell, cycling, calisthenics etc).
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Lift weights 3 times a week for 30 min, no cardio, no ab exercises.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Not to say I manage to get it done each day but my goals are:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - Walk to work (2.75 miles roundtrip)/ Strength Training(30 minutes)/Yoga(30 minutes)
    Tuesday and Thursday - Walk at least 60 minutes after work.
    Saturday - Walk as many miles I need to finalize 7K calorie deficit for the week. So if I hit all my goals each it day it won't be much but if I don't or if I pigged out one day it'll be a LOT of walking.
    Sunday - Rest day.

At some point I want the Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday walks to turn into runs.
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a home workout junkee!! I've got a lot and then can make my own program mixing my dvds.

Actually I'm doing Elle McPherson and Kettlebells training 6 times per week. Just before that I was doing Jillian Michaels 6 weeks 6 pack and Kettlebells too.

I try at least to do 50 minutes per day, mini 5 days a week.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I work out at home 6 days a week. 3 days are cardio days & 3 days are resistance. I use several different DVD's. Power 90, Insanity, Slim in 6 and Train for Your Body Type.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of boot camp 3x per week. I don't lift but the boot camp does a lot of body weight and dumbell/med ball exercises. If I'm training for a run then I'll add in runs 3 or 4 mornings a week with a long run on the weekends.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Turbo Fire. Plan to get back to training for a 5K in the spring through a C25K program. Completed the program this summer before I ended up with a severe case of plantar fasciitis. So modifying TF until I'm able to run again consistantly.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    2 days of lifting
    2 days of Turbo Jam
    1 day of swimming
    1 day of Yoga Booty Ballet
    1 day of walking ( rest day)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week.

I run a few times a week (with longer runs on the weekends as I was training for my first half marathon, that was on 11/10, now my second is coming up on 12/9)
    pitaiyo 1-2 days a week
    kickboxin 1 day a week
    strength training 2-3 days a week
    also throw in the bike and stair climber or elliptical once or twice a week.
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Body Combat, Attack, Pump, Boxing, Boot Camp and Running...rest on one - a week sometimes do a run after boot camp with doggie
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I am currently doing RevAbs 6 days a week (approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour/day). I have also done P90X, Insanity, P90X2 and a little Brazil Butt LIft and Turbo Jam. Right now I am recovoering from a back injury at work and I am trying to lose about 30-40 lbs.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Get up in the morn and do a 30 to 50 minute cardio/strength training workout (M-T-Th-F) on the >>>Nintendoe Wii<<<...walk to and from work 2 miles (4 miles round trip) everyday. During winter I will take the bus home...brrrr. Take a noon walk for about 15 to 20 mins. Then I am lazy on the weekends. Since April of 2011 I have shed about 48 to 50 pounds depending on the day. So I have about 8 to 10 pounds left. Also have shed 8 inches around the belly.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Workout goal: At least 5 hours/week on my Magne-Trainer mini-bike. I've gone considerably beyond that goal and usually exercise every day, with the notable exception of a bad cold that had me resting for a week. Since Sept. 1 (and prior to tonight's workout) I've cycled 1054.75 miles in 82.725 hours over 12 weeks 5 days, an average of 6.5 hrs and 83 miles/week. My current resistance level is 4.25 out of a possible 5.5. Most of the time I exercise in the evening.

I also do light weight training (usually working my upper muscles while cycling) with Thera-Band soft weights. I'm currently using the 5.5-pounder for curls, overhead triceps extensions, and arm circles/sitting chest presses.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do an hour of cardio 6 days a week and heavy lifting 3 to four days a week.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Monday is a rest day. Tuesday-Friday C25K. Saturday and Sunday Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed and Shred. Every day I will do daily challenges for my 8 week challenge and push ups every day for my daily goal. My goal weight is 130 lbs (I'm currently 160).
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting 3 days a week - run a mile on treadmill to warm up, lift for 30 min or so, maybe a cooldown walk for a few minutes after. In & out of the gym in under an hour. I run 2-3 other days each week, for 30-90 minutes. I do take 1-2 rest days each week, though this winter I'm doing the Runner's World mile a day challenge, so even on my rest days I'll run my mile at an easy pace & that's all I do for the day.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Goal - Gain Muscle/Strength

This is my workout routine for this week. Usually it stays pretty much the same - 3 days upper body lifting, 2 day legs, 1 day cardio

SUNDAY - Full Upper Body #1-HEAVY 3x5
    MONDAY - Spin Class/Abs
    TUESDAY - Legs
    WEDNESDAY - OFF
    THURSDAY - Back, Shoulders, & Biceps (Hypertrophy)
    FRIDAY - Chest & Triceps (Hypertrophy)
    SATURDAY - Legs/Abs
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sooooo, need to get one... I look super lazy compared to THESE REPLY'S.... :yawn:
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm doing Wendler 5/3/1 right now, which is a power lifting/ strength program. Basically trying to make Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, and OHP stronger. 4 main lifts per training session, after I complete the lifts, I do hypertrophy assistance work, usually some variation of the main movement, along with other isolation movements. I try to hit each muscle group twice per week. I'm on my 4th cycle right now (each cycle is 4 weeks) and have been loving it, and making great gains.

Goal: To drop a few weight classes and eventually compete in power lifting meets, hopefully do my first one in 2013!