fat burners

Options
Guys what do you think about the fat burners? are you taking any? =) i need to burn fat around my stomach I started doing Insanity and eating 1300 cals x day avoiding as much as posible carbs and fat 50/30/20. thanks :wink:

Replies

• monkey_la_femme
    monkey_la_femme Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    'Fat burners' are mostly just stimulants mixed with diuretics. Caffiene, Taurine and similar things. If it puts it in perspective at all, my BF went on 'fat burner' pills. He lost 3kg, probably water because he put it back on when he stopped taking them (they were disrupting his sleep). I started counting my calories at the same time and six months later I had lost 12kg (about 25 pounds).

Do be aware also that you can't really reduce fat in only one area, no matter what the banner ads would have you believe. The insanity is an intense workout and will build strength effectively but only reducing your body fat overall will help to shift from your problem spots.

Having said that, it sounds like you are on a path that is going to get you where you want to go, with a litle hard work :)
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have used fat burners but like yhr poster above said they are just stimulants. That means they alone will do nothing. You must workoit. They will provide the energy and stamina needed to workoit harder. The one I tried and loved is Apidexin..
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with Oxy Elite Pro. It's really helped with appetite suppression and energy level. But, you should only take it a month at a time, and I don't recommend taking more than 1-2 a day since with a third (as recommended on the label), it will definitely disturb your sleep. The best fat burner out there for your belly is, however, quittin' the booze. Even if you don't drink much at all (a few drinks per week), it completely screws your metabolism for days afterward. Quit drinking, and I can pretty much guarantee you'll lose belly fat like crazy.
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Options
    'Fat burners' are mostly just stimulants mixed with diuretics. Caffiene, Taurine and similar things. If it puts it in perspective at all, my BF went on 'fat burner' pills. He lost 3kg, probably water because he put it back on when he stopped taking them (they were disrupting his sleep). I started counting my calories at the same time and six months later I had lost 12kg (about 25 pounds).

Do be aware also that you can't really reduce fat in only one area, no matter what the banner ads would have you believe. The insanity is an intense workout and will build strength effectively but only reducing your body fat overall will help to shift from your problem spots.

Having said that, it sounds like you are on a path that is going to get you where you want to go, with a litle hard work :)

thanks for the response, i want to lose it but i do not want to deal with secondary effects i want to be able to sleep and do my normal activities ... sometimes i just get anxious and i want to do something extra to reach my goal faster .. but like you said i need working hard :wink:
  • Kryn_K
    Options
    I have had good luck with Oxy Elite Pro. It's really helped with appetite suppression and energy level. But, you should only take it a month at a time, and I don't recommend taking more than 1-2 a day since with a third (as recommended on the label), it will definitely disturb your sleep. The best fat burner out there for your belly is, however, quittin' the booze. Even if you don't drink much at all (a few drinks per week), it completely screws your metabolism for days afterward. Quit drinking, and I can pretty much guarantee you'll lose belly fat like crazy.
    Thanks but if i least i drink but nope not even that ..lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want to cut fat, up your calories and do a lot of weight training, some moderate cardio and rest. If you want post your height, weight, lifestyle/job and workout routine and i can run the numbers.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Guys what do you think about the fat burners? are you taking any? =) i need to burn fat around my stomach I started doing Insanity and eating 1300 cals x day avoiding as much as posible carbs and fat 50/30/20. thanks :wink:

carbs cause fat around the stomach? *faints*
  • Kryn_K
    Options
    If you want to cut fat, up your calories and do a lot of weight training, some moderate cardio and rest. If you want post your height, weight, lifestyle/job and workout routine and i can run the numbers.

thanks .. here's my numbers 155lbs height 5`5" age 35
    lifestyle sedentary i work in an office sometimes even 12 hrs depending on the week.
    i started Insanity ..
    i'm eating less than 1300 per day and trying to do 50/30/20 wich to be honest i have not reach my goal ..
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Last time I took "fat burners" were when they worked.. well! IT was in the hey day of the ECA stack. Xenadryne. It was like speed though. I quit when I got an irregular heartbeat from it.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Last time I took "fat burners" were when they worked.. well! IT was in the hey day of the ECA stack. Xenadryne. It was like speed though. I quit when I got an irregular heartbeat from it.

those were the days...sigh....
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    <1300 on Insanity is not enough. Eat 1700 net & make your macros more doable, such as 40/30/30. For instance, I eat lots of fruit & beans so my carbs = 40, but I also eat a lot of protein so my protein = 40. Make it work for your diet! But what's most important is how much you're eating & how well you eat. Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

lifestyle sedentary i work in an office sometimes even 12 hrs depending on the week.
    i started Insanity ..
    i'm eating less than 1300 per day and trying to do 50/30/20 wich to be honest i have not reach my goal ..

You can't do insanity and eat 1300 calories. It will hinder your results. You should be eating around 1850 calories a day. And you have to achieve overall body fat loss to eliminate the fat from the stomach. I would also set your macro's to the beachbody default of 40/40/20 (c/p/f)
  • Kryn_K
    Options

i started Insanity ..

You can't do insanity and eat 1300 calories. It will hinder your results. You should be eating around 1850 calories a day. And you have to achieve overall body fat loss to eliminate the fat from the stomach. I would also set your macro's to the beachbody default of 40/40/20 (c/p/f)

40/40/20 oky i can do that i been failing on 50/30/20 =)
    1700/1850 i will change it.
    thanks so much guys. you ROCK !! :smooched: