Cardio DVD Recommendations

Options
I am currently doing 30 Day Shred along with supplementing going to the gym and doing various things, running, or doing either P90X Cardio X or Plyometrics. I have a 3 month old so getting to the gym doesn't always happen. I'm looking for suggestions on good single cardio dvds that I can do at home for those times I can't make it to the gym, preferably high impact/high intensity. Thanks :)

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian, her Kickbox FastFix is a fun and fast-paced cardio workout. Three workouts, each exactly 20 minutes from warm up to cool down. You can do just one, or mix and match two or three if you have more time. Workout 1 is supposed to target the upper body (and uses dumbbells a couple of times), 2 is lower body, and 3 is abs, but all three work you all over with a series of kicks and punches.

I use it for a quick 20 minutes of cardio on my strength days.

Edited to add: Check and see if they have it at your local library - nice to be able to check it out and see if you like it before purchasing.
  • welfeln
    welfeln Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I like the idea of 20 minutes each because since it's in addition to another workout, I don't always have the extra energy or time for something longer.
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillians Ripped in 30. It's similar to the 30 Day Shred, but I burn a bit more calories with this one. She can squeeze a great workout in 25-35 minutes!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Insanity all the way. You can find me on beachbody as SWREZn8 if you need any coaching.
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    JIllian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is also good for straight cardio. It's an hour long (7 6 minute circuits plus warm-up and cooldown), but you can pick and choose circuits from the menu. So, if you're pressed for time you can just do 3-4 of them
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is nice because the workouts range from 15 mins to 55 so if you didn't want to follow the schedule, you could still have a nice variety of workouts to do in whatever time frame you have. Asylum is awesome as well - workouts are about 40 minutes - but you really can't get a better workout than one of those, IMO! :-)