Slightly hilarious NSV

Options
chocl8girl
chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
I just thought this was kind of amusing, it may not actually even be an NSV, but it made me feel good lol.

I have lived in the same apartment building for about 5 1/2 years. So, basically, when I first moved in, I was at my highest weight. I don't see a lot of people in the building because I just kind of come and go, going to work and coming home, and rarely ever go in by the front door because I park underground, but I know people here and there by sight, just to say hi and whatnot or have the random conversation in the elevator.

So, the other night I was coming home from a walk with my youngest, and we were walking in the front door. There was this young guy that I have seen around, and we have had a few discussions about my older son's hair, because he used to have an enormous and awesome afro that everyone wanted to tell him what to do with. lol.

He looks at me, then asks me, "Do you have a sister that lives here?"
I was like "Umm...no?"
He says, "Oh, because you look just like someone that lives here, or used to live here."
So I started to keep walking, then got hit with the realization that just MAYBE he was actually talking about ME, but he didn't know it was me.
So I said, "Well, *I* have lived here for over 5 years. Don't you remember talking about my son's hair?"
And he kind of looked at me, then was like, "I was just going to ask you if that was your nephew."
And so I just laughed and said, "Nope, that's my son, I've lost a little weight, didn't mean to confuse you."

Anyway, I probably didn't tell it very interestingly, but it literally cracked me up that he DID NOT KNOW I was the same person, and thought I must be my own sister...

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    that is a GREAT NSV! I'd totally count it. Shows how much you have changed... congratulations! :bigsmile:

I had a similar one, but it was even more fun for me - it was my cousin's wife who hadn't seen me in a year - we talked for 5 minutes before she got brave enough to ask me how she knew me... :laugh:
  • Belliny
    Options
    well with 105 lbs lost I think anyone can get confused lol =) That is just awesome!
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    That is great girlie!!

I love it!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    a good reason to smile to yourself... cool story
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    that is a VERY cool story.
    I had something just like that happen years ago, after I lost 100 lbs. I confused an elderly neighbor, who just could not get the fact that I was the same heavy woman living down the road from her.
    I'm hoping I have a similar story next year again. :)

Great job on the change!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on your incredible progress!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Awesome, girl. Big hug.:smile:
  • droolie2
    Options
    Now THAT is SOME Warm Fuzzy! Talk about a feel good moment! xoxo
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    That is really wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! i love it.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    105 lbs is scarecely a "little wt"; congrats and that is one of the best NSVs you can have. I have had similar ones and they always feel good.
  • madisoneads
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's great! Totally an NSV!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That's an AWESOME NSV!! Congrats!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    pfft, nothing little about that story but you!!:laugh:
    that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You told it just right! Great story and good for you.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Just took a peek at your before and.after pictures. No wonder the guy was all messed up. You look 20 years younger, a teenager! Take that NSV for all its worth, its what keeps us all going:-)
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's hilariously awesome!

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!