Please help...need motivation badly!

Options
I started with the diet and lost some and than gained it all back plus. So started to go to the gym. Did treadmill and/or elliptical for at least 40 min at a time, at least 3 times a week for a month, plus the diet. And the result , I weigh the most I've ever did... don't know what to do, need motivation and tips....

Replies

• going4health
    Options
    I signed up with MFP today because I too need motivation and someone to check in with. I lost 24 lbs from Feb to August to reach my goal weight just in time for my daughter's wedding and since then have put most of it back on. I really liked how I felt then (more than even the numbers) and want to get back to that energetic happy place instead of this blah spot I seem stuck in.

I don't have any tips other than don't give up and maybe add weights to the cardio. My two cents worth. . . which isn't much considering I'm on day 1 here :D
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I started with the diet and lost some and than gained it all back plus. So started to go to the gym. Did treadmill and/or elliptical for at least 40 min at a time, at least 3 times a week for a month, plus the diet. And the result , I weigh the most I've ever did... don't know what to do, need motivation and tips....
    start logging your food each day. A lot of people think they're eating less calories and then when they start keeping track, they realize they're eating far more calories than they think.

Log your exercise. Get into a routine and do some workout at least 3 times a week. Track your calories burned. Again, a lot of people think they're burning a lot more calories than they really do.
  • Unbruisedpeach
    Unbruisedpeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm not overeating, even without logging in. I did it in the beginning and must say that was surprised of how many calories I was in taking. But now I can figure it out pretty accurate without loging in. But I'm asking for your help and insight, so there it is, I've started loging in again. If anyone can help, please tell me what am I doing wrong.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    use the avaliable tools. Since you are getting no progress, go back to logging. You are asking for help but then saying you're doing it right but getting no results. Either that is true and you need to have an MD check you out or somewhere you're slipping (we all do) :) and need to go back to square one and use the program in its full capacity
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    keep logging!!!! not that i am an expert..I just know that when I am not logging it is way easier for me to grab the bag of chips, or other treats without thinking about it. now i pick something up, look at the calories and actually think about what i am eating and if it is worth it. I am training myself to make this a way of life, I have the tools, almost 24/7 access to the internet (between my blackberry and computer). this is the key to my losing and maintaining my weight.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We sometimes lose focus but it's great when you realize and catch yourself don't put pressure on yourself
    Plan your meals increase your water intake log everything you eat -- that way you'll see what may be wrong have balanced meals
    --perhaps you're not losing cause you're not eating enough
  • Unbruisedpeach
    Unbruisedpeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • AliJaffery
    AliJaffery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What works for me is as follows:

#1 I log EVERYTHING, and I log BEFORE I eat, it gives me the will power to say no to stuff I really crave
    #2 I log my exercises. The fact that every day I am below my calorie budget keeps me motivated
    #3 Weigh myself at-least once a day. The digits may not move in the right direction in first few weeks, but keep doing it.. and every day becomes a motivator
    #4 Do a mix of HIIT, resistance and Fat Burning zone, and do it a bit more.. so for you it will be increase the time and frequency. Even if you just add 15 more minutes and do it 4 times vs. three times a weak

There is no magic bullet, just standard stuff that you MUST do religiously to make it work. Good luck
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options

If you exercised and ate well, and had a deficit you should have lost weight. Unless you have a medical condition?

Get some scales, weigh your food, log everything, every day. Everything you eat & drink, supplements if you take them - everything. See where you could have made healthier choices. Try avoiding too much processed stuff. Eat vegies and fruit. Drink water.
    Log your exercise.
    Be honest with yourself.
    Try and eat at least your minimum calories and perhaps some of your exercise calories. This is controversial but see if it works for you.
    Give yourself time - you didn't gain the weight in a few weeks, it won't go in a few weeks.
    Make sure your weight & height and realistic goals are put into MFP.
    Measure yourself - sometimes you might not lose weight but firm up and get muscle and strength.
    It is NOT a "diet" - you are better to view it as learning better ways of eating and choosing foods, and learning to get exercise regularly. This is not something to "start" because then you will "stop"
    I have read that 30 mins a day exercise is a good thing to aim for, and that can be in three 10 minute slots - you don't have to exhaust yourself.
    Read some of the success stories, look at their diaries if they are open - it can be done.
    Others can do it, so of course you can.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: