Before work out

Options
What is a good friendly item that will boost energy for a good work out. I was informed that there is something that not only will give you a energy boost but also have certain properties that will help a speedy recovery of the muscles. Any info will be grateful.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Not sure about the recovery part though
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    preworkout powder works for me
  • DonalGregory
    Options
    what kind of pre workout powder are you referring to?
  • djames92
    Options
    i use c4 they sell it at gnc its a pretty much a mix of creatine caffine and NO3 that just gets you jacked before you workout
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    i use c4 they sell it at gnc its a pretty much a mix of creatine caffine and NO3 that just gets you jacked before you workout

GNC is overpriced on most of their items.

OP, if you're set on purchasing a PWO, I suggest you shop around online. Many supplement suppliers online are much cheaper than GNC, even amazon has some great deals.
  • djames92
    Options

GNC is overpriced on most of their items.

OP, if you're set on purchasing a PWO, I suggest you shop around online. Many supplement suppliers online are much cheaper than GNC, even amazon has some great deals.
    thats true i got it on amazon last time for only $34.99
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    i believe most preworkouts to be a combination of stimulants (caffeine, etc) and creatine.
    could probably get some generic no-doz and be set.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't use anything but my boyfriend was using APE alpha performance enhancement. I kinda made him a maniac... I hated it but he got into shape really fast.
  • benjamin1226
    Options
    Some carbs and maybe Jack3d.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition amiNO Energy. Works great.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My brother who is in the military also drinks Jack3d before working out. He said it gives him a boost of energy and keeps him going.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My friendly item is caffeine... I'm also heavy on the fats, and carbs are always good.
  • thesatch88
    thesatch88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you have never used a pre-workout powder before, shop around and find a "mild" one to start out. Read the instructions carefully, and take half of the minimum dose your first time. Because you arent used to it, it will most likely work just fine at 1/2 dose, and you wont be diving into something you arent ready for. If you look at jak3d, do a lot of research on it, there has been speculation that it can permanently lower chemical levels in your brain.

also, I eat two hard boiled eggs 1 hour before my workouts, just seems to help me with sustained energy, along with my PWO powder.