Looking for a Fitness Buddy!

Options
I'm looking for someone who i can be accountable to for making sure i get my exercise in. I really enjoy working out and exercising but i often cut it out of my routine when i'm short on time. i'm hoping i can find a buddy on here close to my age who can relate and maybe we can help each other out. I don't have a gym membership but i have an elliptical, a resistance band and a tennis hobby plus 2 functional legs that can move down the street if that's all i can do. :) also have 2 dogs that like to walk... lots of opportunity for getting my 30/day at least but very little motivation and support. anyone wanna join me!?!?!?

any advice on low cost or no cost fun fitness ideas is welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in if you want. I am about 10 years older then you. I do step aerobics twice a week, then 3 days on the treadmill or a 30 min walk around town pushing the kids in the jogging stroller (def hard work), whether permiting. I have 2 kids so I definately understand the not wanting to work out when in a time crunch. I am sure we could be motivational for each other. I have a treadmill, some weights (I love doing the biggest loser dvds), and a resistance band, and like you said my 2 legs.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi and SUPER job on the weight loss, that is AWESOME!!!!
    I invite you to join the My 2010 Challenge: 52 times 7/7 - part 3 thread started by Missou under theTopic: Exercise/Fitness! We started the first of the year and we are all ages, all sizes,and different fitness levels but we ALL strive to workout at LEAST 30 minutes EVERYDAY!!! Misou the leader gives us smileys for completing the week! LOL Check us out and read some of the post's! We all do different types of fitness. I mix mine up with P90X, Insanity, Running, Elliptical etc.etc. whatever it takes to burn calories. You just log each day what your exercise was and of course since we are women we have to visit and encourage!! Best wishes on your accountabilty, this group has even become a little competitive with themselves for they are going longer, farther, harder and faster!! It is cool!!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Wow yeah super job on your weight loss so far - that is awesome!! I too am about 10 yrs older than you but I am 21 at heart - haha. I too will skip over the exercise when I'm short on time-I've got two kids so that's most of the time haha! I've actually been starting to do a lot of my exercising after I put the kids to bed when I'm watching TV. I wish I had an elliptical at home but I've got a Gazelle that I'll do while watching TV and then I do squats with weights too. I found a lot of exercises with the weights off of the internet I can do in front of the TV too. My daughter goes to preschool 3 days a week for 3 hrs so on those days I take my dog hiking at the local park which is awesome & now that the weather is getting nicer I can do it more often. I'd like to start running. I also picked up a couple of DVD workouts for $9 at Target & Walmart - I got Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout and Cardio Max and then Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I really like them because you combine cardio with strength training. Plus they are short workouts so you don't need a lot of time but you can combine them if you have more time. Hope this helps a little. Good luck to you and I wish you the very best!! :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the support and great advice! I did forget to mention that i have 2 5lb hand weights as well as a long resistance band with 2lb weighted handles. i use these for toning, cardio and strength training exercises. i also am "easing" back into this routine by challenging myself to complete at least 15 minutes of concentrated exercise every day for the next 7 days (including today) next week i'll hopefully extend that goal to 20 minutes, etc.
  • littlelisa24
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm 2 years older then you.