Slimquick vs Fitnesspal

Options
I am having difficulty with the calorie counters on both websites. They each give a different calorie Value for the same foods. I assume the myfitnesspal one is more accurate because it gives the name brands and the slimquick is generic, but the slimquick one has higher values.

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    How does either site compare with the actual labels of the food you are entering??

Best of luck!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    In my experience, MFP uses nutritional information direct from labels. I trust MFP!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I always compare MFP to the actual label. If it's wrong, I edit it. If I don't know the nutrition facts, I trust it 'cause it's usually not off - usually only member-inputted ones are wrong... but not all are wrong!
  • debbyknits
    debbyknits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love MFP! I haven't tried the other site you mention. When in doubt about a particular item, I sometimes check www.nutritiondata.com. Also, since I use so many of my own recipes, I will build the recipe at www.recipenutrition.com which gives you the entire nutritional breakdown for the recipe. Then, I enter it here. Both of these sites use nutrition data from the USDA. It would be nice MFP had a recipe builder, but that would probably be a huge undertaking.
  • avalon26
    avalon26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The counter on this website is exact tot he box, the slimquick website is about 200 calories over. Which makes me wonder if they over estimate to further reduce actual calories to give the product additional credit. For me this is bad because I am trying to increase my calorie's to maintain a 1300 calorie diet to boost my metabolism, as I am usually at between 600-900 daily if that. Going to go by the counter here since it seems more accurate I guess.