5'7 girls what muscle percentage are you?

Options
Hello all,
I am 5'7 and confused by my scale. It shows 53 per cent water, 26.5 fat and 37 to 39 per cent muscle. Now I am no maths genius but that does not work out right. What does your scale show and to all those fitness gurus, what should it say in a reasonably fit person. I would like to get to 22 per cent fat on my scale I think.
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Replies

• igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That same thing confuses me too.. I'm 5'6 and my muscle is 39%, BF 23.5 and water 51%..
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Hello I think I might have posted this too early in the morning. Were you all sleeping over there behind the big pond?
    I know it is personal but I would really like to know what kind of muscle percentage I could be working towards. Thank you all in advance and have a nice weekend everyone.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should really post because I'm 5'8" but my scale says 58% water, 32 lbs. fat and 22% body fat. When I was at my fittest, with 18% body fat and a nice six pack, I had around 22 lbs of fat. I blame my chest.:ohwell:

But don't trust your scale to give you an accurate number on body fat percentage...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A DEXA is the only real way to get an accurate measurement I have two scales and they show a 10% variation in fat.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Muscle percentage sounds a bit high unless you are very athletic. Mine is around 35% (50 lbs).