90 day challenge with Jilian's 30 day Shred!

Options
Hi all! I was 49kg last year, but due to depression and eating disorder I gained all the way to 65kg! I'm at a much calmer state now (no more daily crying and sobbing), so I thought I will start losing those pounds!! My goal is 50kg! So yes, a total of 15kg! I don't expect myself to lose all 15kg in 3 months though! I'm aiming for 10kg in 90 days. so around 3kg a month, hope that's not too ambitious!

MY FITNESS PLAN:
Saturday - Thursday : Jilian's 30 day Shred
Friday : Jogging for 30 minutes

MY MEAL PLAN

I'm not that particular about calories, although I am going to avoid simple carbs as much as I can, so I devised a meal plan for myself to follow for the next 30 days!

Breakfast: Porridge oats with mixed seeds and berries.
Lunch: Grilled Salmon/Chicken with mixed salad and walnuts.
Afternoon snack: One green apple AND a cup of hot tea.
Dinner: 1 egg white with fried vegetables + some goji berries.

I AIM TO DRINK 2.5 litres of water everyday!! (so that's 5 small water bottles)

I WILL START ON...

I'm going to officially start this diet on 29th of November, because my relative is around so I'm going to have to eat out everyday this week. Once he's gone I'm going to start dieting, and look back at my progress on 29th December (MY BIRTHDAY WOOHOO!). I will give myself a luxurious treat once a month.

Let me know if everyone wants to join doing the 30 shred with me! :)

Replies

• Alicemay24
    Alicemay24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do ! I gained about 5 kilos (what I had lost) after a nasty break up and need to desperately get back on track. I have just bought the 30 day shred and also start tomorrow! (29th Nov for me in Amsterdam)

I will be going back to what worked for me before so will stick with 1200 cal a day

My ultimate goal is to hit 50kg like you! I am now at about 62kg (afraid to weigh myself for a bit because I gained so so fast)

What time of the day will you do your workout? I was thinking the mornings will be best although im a bit of a bed bug at the moment wih the weather getting colder.

I'm going to just do it every day and then add yoga or running when I can.

So glad I have someone to do this with!!
  • kalley1229
    Options
    Hi that's great! glad to know someone is going to do it with me! :)

I plan to do it after breakfast in the morning everyday ( I just can't do it on an empty stomach I will so binge after that ). I know it's going to be hard especially the days are turning cold as well! But let's give each other support :):) I'm sure it will be SOOOO worth it!

How long are you planning to do the 30 day shred for?
  • Alicemay24
    Options
    I think I'll do it for the 30 days (or prolong it a bit if I need a few more days here and there for either of the levels). And then I'll move onto one of her other DVDs, I bought the box set basically and am starting with the 30 day shred because I've heard such good things about it.

I'm so please to do this with someone, and starting on the same days! I'll be brave tomorrow morning and weigh myself and take my measurements before I do the workout and write them here.

I'm desperate to look like myself again! And feel confident and comfortable again!

Do you have your weights? I'm going to use small water bottles for now until I can buy some at the weekend. What weights will you start with?
  • Alicemay24
    Options
    How long do you plan to do it?
  • Alicemay24
    Options
    alarm is set for day 1 tomorrow morning... here we go!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just started on monday. Is that close enough?
    I expect i will need a few extra recovery days as i have knee problems.
    ( i've been doing butt bible for a month to prepare for 30ds)

Am really hoping to be able to keep it up till Giftmas as i have two black tie parties and i want to look smokin' in a dress.
  • kalley1229
    Options
    Hey alice, I'm doing it for 90 days! So yeah :) I have just received my weights today! But to be honest it's very light ones. 0.5kg each lol. I'm afraid I'm not the exercising type so yah I'll start with the easiest weight :P

Also,...are you weighing daily or weekly??

Hey zylahe,

join us :) just update your progress in this topic! how much weight are you aiming to lose and by when?
  • Alicemay24
    Options
    Gutted! I was 2 thirds of the way through the workout this morning and my pc froze! by the time i got it going again i had to leave to go to work! Oh well, maybe i'll do it again tonight.

I'm not gonna weigh myself again for a week maybe for now because it was to depressing to see the scales this morning but once i'm on a roll it'll probably be every few days.

I've got a lot going on at the moment, moving house this weekend but i'm determined to do it every single day!

Zylahe, how have you been finding the workout? I'm afraid i'll be sore some mornings and will have trouble with some of the strength movements

And yes join us! what's your goal?!
  • kalley1229
    Options
    Oh ****e! That sucks! OK so I did my workout today. Hate the jumping jacks, big time. But doing it just for the dresses that I've bought. Haha. My relative decided to stay for another night though, so ugh I can't start on my meal plan yet. So I shall start a more proper dieting diary from tomorrow.

OK I think that's what I will do as well - weigh once a week.

Glad to hear you're very determined! Makes me very motivated as well! :) GO GO GOOOOOOO
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey your food plan looks super healthy and I find it inspiring. But don't be afraid to eat a bit more. You have maybe 800-1000 calories in that plan. It isn't enough. Have you seen the "In Place of a Road Map 2.0" thread? It shows how exercising and higher calories = more weight loss.

I'm starting 30DS today, btw!
  • kalley1229
    Options
    I logged my food plan for today and guess what? It added up to more than 1500 calories! O_O" I was even thinking of cutting it down to below 1500!!

Just did my 30DS routine for today. A step nearer to weight loss!
  • Zylahe
    Options
    I was really sore day 2 and 3, but fine yesterday.
    We went climbing so i didn't do shred, but I will do again tonight.
    not sore from shred today so thats good, i think the worst is over.

I'm not looking to lose weight so much as increase strength/ musle mass.
    I'm hopping to lose some fat/ inches though.
    I'm currently at 25.2% fat.
    meassurements are: bust 96 (cm)
    waist 76 (cm)
    hips 101 (cm)
    thighs 63 (cm)

Also due to dodgy knees I only do low impact jumping jacks. I figure I'm better off with that than getting injured and having to quit. I'm so out of shape that i get my heart rate up pretty well anyway.

I did have hubby try 30ds on wed, but he couldn't do any of the cardo (bad ankle)
    So I'm going to have him try butt bible instead, so i may swap out a few 30ds's for that and do it with him.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Today was day 10 for me. I'm at level 2 now and it's hard, but I guess it is suppose to be. I only weigh myself once a week and on Fridays, so this morning when I stepped on the scales I was 2 lbs lighter :) it made me do the happy dance and I couldn't wait to go get my workout on.....
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of starting the 30ds today too! But, after work...
  • Zylahe
    Options
    Day 4 complete.
    Still struggling with the weights o the s ide squats and the bicycle crunches are hell.
    But i'm happy going thru 20 minutes of hell each day for a rockin' bod :heart:

Melo how didi you go?
  • Zylahe
    Options
    Day 5 complete.
    Knee is agony though, may just be from all the extra walking i've done in the last two days ( dress shopping)

So how is everyone else doing?
  • kalley1229
    Options
    Day 3 complete!!

Yes the squatting down bit is crazy! I've changed my breakfast from oats to cereals to make my diet more bearable.. so far so good! ;) Haven't got a chance to weigh an accurate weight yet though cuz I was at my friend's place for the whole week! Will start weighing in tomorrow :) Hope it's going well with everyone. 27 DAYS LEFT FOR ME!
  • nbkuipers89
    Options
    Is it too late to join here?

I just did Day 1, Level 1....again!

In 2010 I had my daughter, and during my pregnancy I went from 76 to 108kg!!!

After finding MFP last time, I got down to 69kg. Then I got lazy, and started eating crap and not tracking. Am now 74kg again. Big wake up call this morning when I decided to rejoin MFP - tracked my food from yesterday and it told me if I kept eating like that I would be 84kg in 5 weeks! (admittedly yesterday was an especially bad day). After a few tears I decided to pull out the old JM dvds.

So here I am, starting my journey all over again!
  • kalley1229
    Options
    Hey! welcome! :) do join us!!

Just completed day 4! Weighed in today, is 63.6kg :) 13.6kg more to go
  • nbkuipers89
    Options
    I ended up doing a workout on the wii fit yesterday evening, then day 2 30DS this morning, before being stuck making candyfloss for 3 hours.

I hurt in places I didn't know existed!