Wii workouts

Options
I was wanting to know what people on here thought of some of the Wii workouts that are out there...they have so many I know but I was wondering if anyone ever done them or even think they are worth it...like the jillian micheals one or the one where its like your own person trainer on there...

Let me know what your intake is on the whole Wii workouts!!!

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too, I've been saving my pennies to get a Wii Fit not just for me, but so my folks can use it too (I live at home with my parents at the moment). I already go to Tae Kwon Do classes twice a week, Aerobics once a week and Spin classes once a week, but it'd be nice that if I couldn't make the classes i could do something at home - and no, i tried the exercise vids/DVDs they're soooo not right for me :tongue:
  • kizzymitchell
    kizzymitchell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wii active is pretty good, you can even do a 30 day challenge. If you go to gamestop.com, you can view videos of the game. Jilliams game looked kind of boring to me. Wii active is more fun.
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    Options
    I own the Wii Fit and the Wii Active and I think they are both great.

The Fit is great for helping you with balance and core strengthening and the Active is great for cardio.
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    My elliptical broke in November, and I have been using the Wii to workout for up until the past few weeks (it is finally nice enough to get a workout in outside) Here are my thoughts:

1. Wii EA Active - You can chose your intensity, do a 30 day challenge, create your own workout (5 stars)
    2. Wii EA Active More Workouts - You can chose your intensity, do a 6 week challenge where you create your workout schedule, you can create your own workout, this workout also adds ab workouts as opposed to the EA Active. (5 stars)
    3. Biggest Loser - 4 stars, not as easy to follow as the above but once you become comfortable with the set up gives you a stellar workout.
    4. Gold's Gym Cardio - so much fun, this is my favorite, takes a little time to learn the moves. The EA Active games can burn more calories in a shorter amount of time, but this is much more fun (5 stars)
    5. Wii Fit Plus - fun, but not as intense as the top 4 (3 stars)

As long as you are going to stay focused and give it your all when working out I would say the Wii is a wonderful alternative to workout outside or at a gym. I love it!! I have lost pounds and inches while doing this. I give 110% to each and every workout and am dripping sweat when I am done.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I have just been reading the reviews of Jillian Michaels Fitness ultimatum on Amazon and it gets really bad reviews, apparently it doesn't pick up a lot of your movements and its very easy to "cheat"

The Biggest Loser gets quite good reviews though.

I have Wii fit plus and I like it, but I use it as an additional form of exercise rather than my primary source as you don't burn many cals on a lot of the activities.
    I do the free jogging and free step while watching TV, but could do with buying those stands to raise the step higher as the balance board isn't tall at all
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OK I have the Wii fit plus and the biggest loser for my wii, there is not enough good stuff I can say about them the biggest loser is harder but you get a great workout from the fit plus (and on the fit plus once you start you can't seem to stop it's addictive) not the bad things are with the fit plus you need the ballance board otherwise you can just do the running program. The biggest loser gives you the option for the ballance board OR just the Wii remote. but i've gone from dreading working out to looking forward to them I've not missed at least an hour a day every day for the last 8 weeks.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    FYI they now have additions to make the board much higher.
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks so much I'm thinking about asking for a wii workout game for my bday only if I reach my goal of 188 by then!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I do the EA Sports Actives and the Wii Fits and Jenny McCarthy's ... which is INCREDIBLY expensive (like $60 maybe). But it's a hard workout. Which is good. I love them all ... I do a mix of them. And don't forget - you can always start with Just Dance!