I feel i need help

Options
I really want to loose the weight. I am not happy at all. I am 186. I know i have to watch what i eat and exercise everyday. I just dont know what kind of exercise i should be doing because i cant go to the gym i have no way their. i only have my yard. I want to be 135 to 140 by february. I feel like i cant do it.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    90% of weight loss is your food intake. Be very conscious of your calories and weigh and measure food for accuracy. Exercise will help you gain fitness and there are all kinds of DVD's that you can do in your home. Seems a favorite is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
  • Thankyou. and also my daily summary says 983 CALORIES REMAINING
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1200 340 - 123 217
    Is this bad that i have 983 remaining? or should i eat the remaining calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Shoot for two pounds week - you aren't going to lose 40 pounds by February. That's not a healthy goal. That's about 5 pounds a week.

And yes, eat those exercise calories. You are shooting yourself in the foot by under-eating, even if you think it's a good idea - it's not.
  • Mike91184
    Options
    The biggest advice I can give you is join a local gym, yoga or palliates class. When you exercise daily you will drop the weight fast, but then you will start to plateau, but don't let it hurt you, I think I've hit that mark myself but I'm starting to see definition in my body and lines that were not always there. Put yourself on a good diet, cut out junk and SODA and remember moderation. I can't stress on how important a healthy diet is, good luck.
  • The thing is i cant join a gym because i have no way of getting their my parents work.. But the other thing i dont understand is how much exercise a day should i have? and are their anything that can help me with the healthy eating because i dont know how to actually eat healthy. i know i have to cut back on things and fruits and vegitables but portion size is my issue.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 lbs this month eating 1200 cal or less and doing a 20 min workout video each day. Just be sure you aren't cheating on your calories and I log my workouts as 2/3 of the actual time so I'm not over estimating calories burned.

It's easy to do at home if you are determined. YouTube has lots of workout videos. Or you can pick one up on amazon for pretty cheap.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The thing is i cant join a gym because i have no way of getting their my parents work.. But the other thing i dont understand is how much exercise a day should i have? and are their anything that can help me with the healthy eating because i dont know how to actually eat healthy. i know i have to cut back on things and fruits and vegitables but portion size is my issue.

I would recommend getting a good at-home workout program. Also, having 983 calories left over is not good! Your body will go into starvation mode and then your metabolism will be jacked up. I did that when I was your age and it took years to right itself.

If you'd like some recommendations on workout programs, let me know. My daughter is 16 and has done several of them with me as well. :-)
  • I would love recomendations! Please! Thankyou
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good work out videos available on YouTube.

I highly recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home series. Just go to you tube and google "leslie sansone".
    You decide if you want to "walk" 2, 3, 4 or 5 miles. It's actually walking-based low impact aerobics that does a really good job of raising your heart rate.

The American Heart Association recommends a minimum 150 minutes, or 30 minutes, most days a week for people seeking to maintain weight and health, and 60 to 90 minutes most days of the week for people seeking to lose weight.

There are a lot of different opinions based on whether you are lifting weights, etc out there.

But the AHA recommendation seems like a good place to start.

My great grandmother used to set her timer for 30 minutes and walk inside her apartment every day. She had diabetes and lived on her own, managing the diabetes with diet and exercise only until she had a stroke in her mid-80s.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I would love recomendations! Please! Thankyou

30day Shred on Youtube. It's free, and takes 27 minutes each day.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. and also my daily summary says 983 CALORIES REMAINING
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1200 340 - 123 217
    Is this bad that i have 983 remaining? or should i eat the remaining calories.

How much do you weigh? And how many calories are you eating?