SAHM Looking for Other SAHM for Motivational Friends :)

Options
Hey y’all…My name is Melissa and I am a 35 yo SAHM. My son just turned 4 on 22Sep. I was not in the greatest shape when I became pregnant and then I gained an extra 50 lbs during my pregnancy. Shortly after giving birth, I had lost 30 lbs (amazing, right?) and then it came back with a vengeance! I not only gained back that 30 lbs but an additional 30 lbs! I was at my all-time highest weight and SUPER unhealthy and I just didn’t have the ambition to change anything. It wasn’t until I started getting sick every time I turned around. In one year I would say that I was sick at least 10 times. It was awful! So I was literally sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have been on my journey for over a year now and have lost 40 lbs so far. I have another 100 lbs to lose but you know what? I guess it’s really not about just the number on the scale, it’s about how I FEEL, how my clothes FIT, and how I look in pictures. Those are better measurements of success than numbers on a scale, right? So I have goals now and I am working towards them! And I am looking for other friends who are inspired and motivated by living a healthier lifestyle and making forever changes in their life! :)

Replies

• helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I,l be your friend:-)
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa. I am a SAHM of 3- a 7 yr old, 5 yr old, and 1 yr old. I am 30 years old. I do go to school full time online but I am at home 90% of the week. I workout at home doing Zumba, Turbo Jam, and BBL. I am a devoted calorie counter.

I got sick and tired of being sick, tired, and in pain when I reached over 200 lbs. Dr told me to get the weight off my back. It has been a looooonnnngggg process. Like years of mess ups, oppsies, and learning how to manage my diet and to like exercise. I am here if you would like to be friends. I am on every day and love to support people.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Amother SAHM here looking to make a change for the long term. Gonna add you now x
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm home with my 2.5 y/o daughter, after 20 years in the Air Force. I'm enjoying my time with her, but will be going back to school and/or work next year. I'm close to goal, but would love to be friends with anyone looking for or to give motivation. I'm on here several times each day, haven't missed a day of logging in about 225 days. I really prefer friends with open diaries, because it just seems fair, if you know what I mean. Best of luck to you all!
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 35 yo SAHM. I've been doing this since February & have been using MFP since August. I log everyday & love helping motivate & encourage others. I find that's what keeps me going. I've lost 98 lbs, but still have another 50+ to go. Feel free to add me! :)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    you've got the right attitude! this is not a diet but a way of life. its not about losing weight, its about being healthy. You are off to a great start. i'm a stay at home mum of 5, ages 3, 7,8,10,13. Add me if you like. My profile is open.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm to 8 yr, 3yr, and 11m old girls. I'd love to have some supportive moms!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 7, 6 and soon to be 5yr old! Add me!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 5 , 4, and 2 year old. On my last 20 pounds now, been at it for 11 months now, doing it all from home. Would love a few more supportive Mommy friends.
  • snykim2005
    snykim2005 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom , I have a 6 month old and a 6 and 7 yr old. I have about 100 lbs to lose as well. Ive lost 39 lbs since july! Id be happy to be your freind !
  • danielleread74
    Options
    I am a SAHM of a 13, 8, and 5 year old. I lost over 50 pounds about a year or two ago and have GAINED IT ALL BACK! I am looking for some inspiration to get back to where I know I can be! Nice to meet you!
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    yes another SAHM here :) girls, 8, 6, and 2 and a 4 year old boy. i do all my workouts from home. we live in the middle of nowhere so to even think about going to a gym is a 20 min drive there. just not an option. always looking for more friends so if i didn't get all requests out please send to me as well. thanks
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a SAHM to 3 kids, age 5..4..and 10months. I've lost 60lbs since delivering my son in Jan...MFP has helped a ton!! Add me. :)
  • brit_s
    Options
    I too am a SAHM of 2 wonderful little ladies. I am in the same boat as you!!! I would love to loose weight for the pictures and to be a lot more active to keep up with my 2 little girls! Right now my almost 3 year old can wear me out on any given day! I don't know how I am not in shape because of her, so I am tracking, measuring, and supporting my way through this!!! I am active on here and would love to support you through your journey!!! Let's do this!!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Tada! SAHM/WFHM of a 2.5 yr old and 3m old.
  • callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM. I have an 8 year old daughter, 2 year old son and an almost 1 year old son. We live in a smaller town in Western North Carolina and I am not from here. Therefore, I do not know too many people. I would love to make new friends, even if only online. :-)
  • SummerMarieM
    Options
    I am a SAHM for about 13 years now. We homeschool too. :) My children are 18 yr old daughter, 12 yr old son. 4 yr old son. It is so nice to read your stories and encouragements here!

I have started walking my treadmill at home TODAY!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! I'm a SAHM of 2 year old twin boys (i.e. Mayhem and Destruction), and REALLY need a kick in the pants right now to get off my butt and work out, and eat cleaner!

ETA: wait, I meant eat more cleanly, not sucking back Drano or something!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm also a SAHM to 4 kiddos. 8 y/o B, 4 y/o G, and B/G twins 9mos. I feel like I am constantly chasing my tail! I could use the extra motivation that only other mothers in our situation can give. Thanks!
  • sshals
    sshals Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to 2 girls ages 5 and almost 2. I've been on here a while, but trying to get started again, need some motivating friends, so anyone feel free to add me :-)