6' and over, whats your goal weight

Options

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    6'5" Looking to hit 200 to 205 with < 15% body fat. So I will probably have to bulk a bit. Then re-cut fat. I am currently 216 at 19% bf.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    O_O
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' with an extra 1/2" for those that notice :-) last summer was 297 lbs but when I played rugby at Uni I was 217lbs so I guess my target is to get back to my fit days. Started this on 15th October at 292lbs and today at 268lbs. It depends on your build I guess but I can't imagine ever getting under 200lbs I'd look like a skeleton.

You might be surprised. I'm 6'-2" and I started out at 289 lbs and I'm now at 218 lbs and I still have a gut. I thought the same thing as you when I started. I thought I would be way too thin if I got under about 220 or 225 but now that I'm here I know I still have work to do.

This is bad news and something I did not want to hear.

I'm 6', I started at 271.5 and I'm now 181.5 and I still have it lol
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Holy hannah, we have some giants up in MFP land. *stands on a soap box to feel more adequate*
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    6'5" Looking to hit 200 to 205 with < 15% body fat. So I will probably have to bulk a bit. Then re-cut fat. I am currently 216 at 19% bf.

Well, hello there! :bigsmile:
  • voncreepy
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and I am currently at 207...Most everyone says I'm on crack because I've lost 89 pounds tota in about 7 to 8 months of hard work. I sometimes think I'm too skinny but also other times I like to increase my physique. I lift regularly, workout a lot and try to build up more muscle but only been at the body building part for 11 weeks. I've seen a dramatic change in my body thus far but I think around 210 to 220 of muscle would be good for me. I guess it boils down to not just the number but what you like and feel comfortable with.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' with an extra 1/2" for those that notice :-) last summer was 297 lbs but when I played rugby at Uni I was 217lbs so I guess my target is to get back to my fit days. Started this on 15th October at 292lbs and today at 268lbs. It depends on your build I guess but I can't imagine ever getting under 200lbs I'd look like a skeleton.

You might be surprised. I'm 6'-2" and I started out at 289 lbs and I'm now at 218 lbs and I still have a gut. I thought the same thing as you when I started. I thought I would be way too thin if I got under about 220 or 225 but now that I'm here I know I still have work to do.

This is bad news and something I did not want to hear.

I'm 6', I started at 271.5 and I'm now 181.5 and I still have it lol

OK now I'm the one that didn't want to hear THAT! C'mon!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Well, hello there! :bigsmile:
    Hiya!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and I am currently at 207...Most everyone says I'm on crack because I've lost 89 pounds tota in about 7 to 8 months of hard work. I sometimes think I'm too skinny but also other times I like to increase my physique. I lift regularly, workout a lot and try to build up more muscle but only been at the body building part for 11 weeks. I've seen a dramatic change in my body thus far but I think around 210 to 220 of muscle would be good for me. I guess it boils down to not just the number but what you like and feel comfortable with.

Anyone ever tell you that you look alot like Hank Azaria?
    YJ5JCAL2CXTXCA3JDN3JCAB3DMMNCARUKMFYCA41S608CAL3LGDICA9LB094CA20LNJBCA97AFBACAFAEAKJCA0MTHWCCASKCICMCASGMYG6CAAYGFNVCAYQR5VWCAU6P9DMCACDIL9C.jpg
  • JMNealer
    JMNealer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and just got to goal weight of 162. I feel great but I am getting alot of feedback telling me I am too thin. Stop when you get between 160 &165 and take a look in the mirror. You might be happy with what you see. Good Luck
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and I'm shooting for 210 right now. Maybe 200 if I actually get to 210 and feel there is more to go.

At 210 I will be in pretty good shape for me
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options

It all depends on how your body wants to be - I originally was shooting for 250 when I first started the highland games, but reconsidered when I started seeing muscle tone in my "gut" as I lost weight. I still have fat to trim away, but I'd lose muscle mass if I try to reach 250. So that's why I started looking at bodyfat as a marker instead.
  • voncreepy
    Options
    um...no they haven't but thanks, i guess...lol
  • jcstanton
    Options
    um...no they haven't but thanks, i guess...lol

Maybe you don't all the time. I was just going by the "after" in your profile pic. And, yes, it was meant as a compliment. Hank is attractive and funny.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    140 is pretty low for 6'2". My son is 6' even and weighs 131. He is so thin I can see his bones - he's a cross country runner and runs between 8-10 miles a day so he can't gain weight.

My dh is 6' also and when he weighed 170 he was super thin. Based on the two of them I'd say your lowest weight shouldn't be under 150.
  • Em7b5
    Em7b5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and currently at 235. I want to get down to 185, and then work on building muscle.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6" and currently hovering around 225 with about 20% BF. Current goal is around 205-210 and 12% BF. That's lighter than I want to be, so from there I'll assess as far as bulk/cut or recomp to bring the weight up and keep BF% at a reasonable level.

I can't see going below 200 - I've been there before at this height and I look like a skeleton. I don't dig the anorexic look. I want to look like I lift, not like I need a sammich!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yay so glad I found this! I am 6ft tall :) 22 years old. Started out at 230 4 months ago, now at 194 and my goal is to be between 140-145lbs and a size 8/10! :)... but I'm willing to listen to my body, and let it tell me where to stop.
  • thesatch88
    thesatch88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and currently at 235. I want to get down to 185, and then work on building muscle.

You are going to be incredibly unhealthy. You should start lifting now, it will help you burn fat, and high resistance training is one of the best ways to get rid of loose skin, along with staying hydrated. Start lifting now and set a body fat % goal and you will be much happier.
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    yay so glad I found this! I am 6ft tall :) 22 years old. Started out at 230 4 months ago, now at 194 and my goal is to be between 140-145lbs and a size 8/10! :)... but I'm willing to listen to my body, and let it tell me where to stop.
    congratulations on your weight loss