in month 2 insanity, need MOTIVATION... yesterday

Options
Hello!!! I gave birth to a huge, healthy 10 and a half pound baby girl sep12 and after gaining 65ish pounds during the pregnancy, I was feeling really depressed and questioned if I could even lose all of that weight. After delivery I lost about 15 pounds immediately and since starting Insanity one month ago I have lost 38 pounds total. I am very pleased with my weight loss thus far and understand that I have to be patient with results (It took nine months to get that large after all) however, I find myself becoming discouraged here and there, especially remembering how I once was and the shape I used to be in. I am wondering if anyone else did insanity post pardum and what their results were or if anyone gained an atrocious amount of weight, as I did haha, during pregnancy and what they did to lose it!!! Or even any words of encouragement/advice that helps you keep going would be helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that a number on a scale is not the only measure of success, particularly with a program like Insanity.

My husband did the P90X, then insanity, and is now doing P90X again. Yes, it takes a while to "notice the results" of your efforts, but he comments all the time about how much better he feels, and how much easier it is to carry stuff around and do things than it was before. And it gets easier every day....although you sometimes don't realize it while you're going through it.

Everyone's just so impressed and can't believe how he looks. There is a lot more definition in his arms and in his abs. He's happy because he's building muscle now - he looks awesome and is doing awesome!!

For what it's worth....and good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7s96ormOW1qke924o1_500.png
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have been there done that sista. I gained 100lbs during my first pregnancy and went through the SAME feelings. I lost it all in 7 months. I had my huge baby girl in May and was skinny again by Christmas. Was it easy? No. Did I get depressed? Of course. I was hot and in mad shape when I got pregnant. At the most, I'd gain 10lbs, diet for 3-4 weeks, then be back at my hot weight so it was REALLY hard when I'd been busting it (exercise AND diet) for 3 or 4 months and still hated the way I felt in clothes.

I would just tell myself that I was not going to be one of those women that got fat and stayed that way after pregnancy and if I didn't work out, that's what would happen. Just keep your eyes on the prize and you'll get there.
  • jediharrison
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I have started today to write in an exercise journal how I feel so I can just rid myself of any negative thinking and look at motivational pics prior to working out so I can get pumped up about it. It seemed to help me out today as I was really excited to work out and pushed myself the entire time. Sometimes I need that kick in the butt to get me back on track. Thanks again! And if y'all have any methods that worked for y'all I'd still like to hear them! :D