Would really appreciate some help :/

Options
Okay so....trust me when I say I have never had problems eating...1200 calories...In my lifetime (before trying to loose weight). Anyway, when I first started trying to lose weight I wasn't very educated. I thought if I starved myself I would lose weight really fast. Then I joined MFP and I learned a lot. And that eating under 1200 would basically put your body in starvation mode or slow down your metabolism. So now I changed it to 1200 which is still low for my height and weight but I find it so hard to eat 1200 calories for about a week I was doing very well with this but the past few days I really feel like puking. I make sure I eat at least 1200 calories a day but I am literally forcing food down my throat and it doesn't feel good. I try so hard not to throw up. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know what I can do to fix this. I want to be able to enjoy eating not make it a chore.

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat enough to reach 1200 calories (normally due to a diet mainly consisting of veggies) eat higher calorie items. Eat full fat items, eat peanut butter, nuts, full fat milk, etc to get to your calorie goal without making it seem like you have to stuff yourself.

A handful of nuts will add a lot of calories for not a lot of food. Same with a bit of peanut butter or switching sauces from low fat/low cal to higher calorie and fat versions.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Your diary has a lot of Subway and prepackaged crap in it. 1200 should be pretty easy. You probably need more and could get there easily eating real food and not feel stuffed.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    but I am literally forcing food down my throat and it doesn't feel good. I try so hard not to throw up. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know what I can do to fix this.

I hear if you just keep trying it becomes easier.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    but I am literally forcing food down my throat and it doesn't feel good. I try so hard not to throw up. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know what I can do to fix this.

winner /end thread \m/
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

LOL I lost it
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! and I agree most of it isn't actually from subway or prepackaged. I go to college and have a meal plan. Everything I get is from there. Everything they cook is always pizza hamburgers all that. Yesterday was a weird day for me I usually never eat that. Its normally sandwiches or wraps. I been slacking on the fruits and veggies this week though! thanks
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! and I agree most of it isn't actually from subway or prepackaged. I go to college and have a meal plan. Everything I get is from there. Everything they cook is always pizza hamburgers all that. Yesterday was a weird day for me I usually never eat that. Its normally sandwiches or wraps. I been slacking on the fruits and veggies this week though! thanks

Maybe you should look into intermittent fasting.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Are you eating something for breakfast? Start hitting some protein drinks in the morning. You'll consume approx. 400-500 good calories right there. I mix it with 2 cups of skim milk and then on some heavy workout days will often take a second shake off to work and finish it in an hour or two.
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    I never use to eat breakfast...I am starting slow. I normally eat a banana or some sort of fruit. Today was a busy morning I had a really early class. Idk why I hadn't thought about adding milk in
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Have you tried maybe adding some high calorie things into your meal to help boost up the calories. For example if you make smoothies, you can add extra stuff to sort of add to the calories.