Sore hamstrings

Options
I just did the Jillian ripped in 30 on wednesday and yesterday my hamstrings were so sore (due to the dead lifts and squats) Today they are too! Is it ok to work them out even if they are sore? I know with this program you're suppose to do it everyday, but right now I can hardly walk lol! So i'm going to do cardio every other day and then do the ripped in 30 on the opposite days. Did I do something wrong or is it because my muscles aren't used to this exercise yet? Any suggestions?

Replies

• jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have found that when I am really sore from the JM DVD's that going for a nice job helps loosen up my tight muscles. Make sure you drink plenty of water, get enough protein and do plenty of stretching when you are done with your workouts. Maybe look up some good stretches for your hammies to do after your cardio. :smile:
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just did the Jillian ripped in 30 on wednesday and yesterday my hamstrings were so sore (due to the dead lifts and squats) Today they are too! Is it ok to work them out even if they are sore? I know with this program you're suppose to do it everyday, but right now I can hardly walk lol! So i'm going to do cardio every other day and then do the ripped in 30 on the opposite days. Did I do something wrong or is it because my muscles aren't used to this exercise yet? Any suggestions?

Your legs/body are not used to the amount of work you put them through. Stay hydrated and find a good stretching program to use. Also try a foam roller. Works wonders.
  • thesatch88
    thesatch88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tons of stretching, before and after, and before your post-workout stretching, go for a jog or hop on the elliptical at low resistance until your legs feel loose (usually around 5-10 minutes). If you can fit it in, do a short (20-30 minute) low-stress cardio workout 6-8 hours after the JM workout.