would you be offended by this gift?

Options
felice03
felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
I got a groupon deal today that is a really good deal on laser hair removal...something like six sessions for $199. I was thinking of getting it for my grandma for Christmas. She kinda has that old lady 'stache going on. Would you be offended if someone gave you a gift like that?

Replies

• Skittlez_
    Options
    Hell no. Id lazer my vadge in a heartbeat!
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    haha just give it to her in private
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Only if you told me that my pictures makes you hot... damn
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    YES!! I was actually given an eyebrow waxing kit for Christmas from my Aunt in middle school and was pissed. It's like saying your eyebrows look like crap, and you need to take care of it. Presents are supposed to be fun!

Now if she's talked to you about how much she hates her stache and wishes she could get rid of it, that's another story.
  • wolvesmom52
    wolvesmom52 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would be. I would be thinking "OMG what else have people notice about me???"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't subject an old lady to lasers.

Come on.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Body hair is a personal choice, I really don't think it's appropriate to push your desires on her. Maybe she is comfortable with her facial hair the way it is?
  • felice03
    Options
    YES!! I was actually given an eyebrow waxing kit for Christmas from my Aunt in middle school and was pissed. It's like saying your eyebrows look like crap, and you need to take care of it. Presents are supposed to be fun!

Now if she's talked to you about how much she hates her stache and wishes she could get rid of it, that's another story.

she hasn't commented on it...but I have heard some of the people at the nursing home comment on it. And well, I want my grandma to be smokin' at the nursing home...you all know how the residents in nursing homes are!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't take it, give it to me and switch the area to be lasered from upper lip to lower lips! :wink:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If Grandma doesn't want it, I'll take it!!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Haha, this ^^

I would be offended if it isn't something I've mentioned to someone. If my boyfriend got me that I would be STOKED because I mentioned that as something I would like to have done. If someone out of the blue chose to do it because they thought I needed it, I'm afraid that would be really evident. Tread lightly when giving beauty gifts!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    As long as it worked on blonde/red hair, not at all. I wouldn't mind getting my back lasered.
  • felice03
    Options
    As long as it worked on blonde/red hair, not at all. I wouldn't mind getting my back lasered.

no, this deal is only for gray hair...
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

your mom lazerz her vadge
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

she hasn't commented on it...but I have heard some of the people at the nursing home comment on it. And well, I want my grandma to be smokin' at the nursing home...you all know how the residents in nursing homes are!

If Gran is in a nursing home she probably doesn't care about facial hair at this stage in her life... and the procedure at her age might be too stressful. Buy her a pretty sweater and spend some time with her that's the best gift of all.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    If she dont want it, send to me, Ive been wanting to lazer the hell out of, well nevermind
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

no, this deal is only for gray hair...

^^^ huh :noway:
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    wish i received gifts like this!!