Trying to lose that last 15 lbs.

Options
I began to change my lifestyle Oct 15th 2008, Ive lost 55 lbs to date. However I don't know how to make it through the last 15. I am trying to reach a healthy bmi weight for my height, which is 15 lbs away. I need some suggestions for how to make it through. If you have made it through or are struggling with the last 15 I could use any advice possible.

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi there! I'm getting close to my weight goal too... it gets harder when you're closer to a healthy weight! My main suggestion would be to switch up your routine. If you've been constantly eating 1200 cals try to boost it to 1300 for a few weeks. Change your exercise intensity too. These things have worked for me so far! Good luck! You've come this far... you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! What did you do to lose it? What kind of exercise do you do now? This might help us to know how to steer you for that last 15. I recently added weight lifting and plyometrics and it has made a HUGE difference. I'd be glad to tell you more.
    Risa
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey Abby! Great job on your weight loss so far! I hear you - I am on the last 20 lbs myself. It has stalled to a halt since I have gotten here (at least 4 weeks ago). I have added heavy lifting and am trying to do more HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) in hopes that it will help. :flowerforyou: We can do this! :smile:
  • runningirl05
    Options
    First of all, Congrats on a job well done! I am in the same boat with 10 lbs. to go. I feel like I have hit a plateau, and am just not losing much right now. Friends I have talked to about this have encouraged me to just keep going, and to always switch up exercise routines. Hope that helps! Keep it up!
  • kurtybee
    kurtybee Posts: 17
    Options
    The best thing to do is to change your excercise routine. Like if you walked now you should run. If you ran then you should try riding a bike. Doing intervals is a good way to burn calories. Your body is really fit now and efficient at buring calories. So you need to find new ways to stress it. You can also add extra activity to your day. Like when I felt like I was going to hit a wall with weight loss I started doing garden work. Now is the time to really watch your salt intake as well. Salt retains water which can make you weigh more.