wedding dress disaster part 2!!

Options
so a month or two ago i posted a topic about making my own wedding dress.. considering i dont have a pattern, a machine, and have never sown a day in my life.. everyone who commented on my post were very rude and said it was impossible and that i should throw the material in the trash.. well guess what! i DID IT!!! to everyone who were so hateful on that post.. look whos laughing now.. (pics of of are in my profile..) i started on it at 6 this morning and finished it a 3pm.. it still needs a lil work but damnit i did it!! :) MORAL OF THIS STORY IS NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU , YOU CAN NOT DO SOMETHING!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO.

Replies

• shayyyface
    Options
    i loveeee DIYs :] great job!
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    Pics.

ETA - I see the one pic, but it's hard to see what it looks like. Should post one of it on you!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I missed that ruckus... but GO YOU! I made my own dress too.
  • NoMoreFlubbering
    NoMoreFlubbering Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's gorgeous! Great work. I'd love to be as adventurous as you!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Not only did you do it, but it looks good. Great job.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to! Good for you not letting the doubters make you not try! From your profile pics, it looks lovely! Go, you!!!!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    thank you so much you guys! im so excited! iver done anything like that before :)
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Looks good.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I thought the story was that your mother in law had bought the scraps for you and given it to you, and then you were stressing about how you were going to piece it together? You were asked why the situation went down like that because it was confusing.

Nice job on the dress, though.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Part 1 was better. Sequels rarely live up the original.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Pics.

ETA - I see the one pic, but it's hard to see what it looks like. Should post one of it on you!
    ok give me just a second and ill try and get a pic with it on me.. itll be in my profile. im not sure how to post em here
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Nice! It'll mean that much more on your wedding day!

Sometimes a little negativity (even if it's uncalled for) is what we need to light a fire under our *kitten* and get the job done!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    awesome!! you should post a picture with you in it - better to see the dress :happy: great job!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Uhh...

Erm...

OP, congratulations on making your own wedding dress. I wish you nothing but success on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • untouchable86
    Options
    awesome!! you should post a picture with you in it - better to see the dress :happy: great job!!
    just put it on my profile.. looks like crap on me tho lol.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Nice! It'll mean that much more on your wedding day!

Sometimes a little negativity (even if it's uncalled for) is what we need to light a fire under our *kitten* and get the job done!
    tru .. but im not sure ill wear this. i just wanted to know i could do it
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Uhh...

Erm...

OP, congratulations on making your own wedding dress. I wish you nothing but success on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
    thank you
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You really made the internetz people your b*tch today..
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif
  • untouchable86
    Options
    You really made the internetz people your b*tch today..
    l
    lmao! right maybe next time they'll think twice before the under estimate someone